GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a couple of months of ownership, I've finished a few small mods and finally taken some decent pictures of the bike!

Suzuki Protective Sticker Sets (tank, tank sides and heel plates)
LED Indicators front and rear (with LED flasher relay)
Progress Line Tail Tidy (custom LED number plate light / reflector and custom size (smallest legal) number plate)
Suzuki Seat Cowl (custom pained in glass sparkle black)
Pillion foot rest removal (trim buttons to cover tapped holes in frame)

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Very nice work!

·
Registered
21 Posts
where did you get the trim buttons from and how much were they, I've done everything else on mine, including the wheel stickers, but the trim buttons look good, cheers

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where did you get the trim buttons from and how much were they, I've done everything else on mine, including the wheel stickers, but the trim buttons look good, cheers
Assuming you are in the UK, they came from Halfords. Can't remember how much they were as I bought them a few years ago for the same job on my CB1000R, but they were only a few quid for a pack of 8 or 10.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nice, good job Martin.
Do the 'trim buttons' have another name? I have searched Halfords and ebay and cant find anything.
I have removed the pillion pegs and the mirrors so am looking for some to fit 8mm and 10mm holes.

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice, good job Martin.
Do the 'trim buttons' have another name? I have searched Halfords and ebay and cant find anything.
I have removed the pillion pegs and the mirrors so am looking for some to fit 8mm and 10mm holes.
I don't know if you Kiwis have something similar, but I just went to SuperCheapAuto and bought some "Xmas Tree Clips". $6 for a pack of 8.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nice job Martin. Have been thinking of removing the pillion pegs myself, using trim buttons to cover the holes, great idea

·
Registered
149 Posts
Great work Martin! I like your mods! All perfect, except for the F model >:D;)
Not frame sliders?
And....why do you have posted this thread here and not in " GSXS 1000 Appearance and Modifications" ?
Ok....I'm a ballbreaker today :D

I'll go at the dealer in the afternoon for take my bike that has had a "cosmetic surgery" >:D

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ha ha, I thought of posting it in appearance and mods, but the thread may also get used for other discussions about it, so I thought general would cover all bases :)

Frame sliders are on the 'to do' list, but so far I haven't found any for the F. Don't really want to be cutting the fairing to make non-F versions fit. :eek:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Don't really want to be cutting the fairing to make non-F versions fit. :eek:
I agree with you. I don't like the bike cutted for putting pads.
My cousin had same problem on his Z1000SX. He has found a nice couple of pads on a spanish site, but I don't remember the name.
I have to ask him :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, I've seen the Puig site before, but there is a lack of pictures to know what they look like on the bike :(

1 - 20 of 31 Posts