GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day guys,

I've finally taken some extra photos of the bike, still only taken with my phone though, as I keep leaving my camera at work.

I've got about 350Km on the bike now, so slowly making my way through the break in period. I can't wait to be able to rev it right out.... I must admit, the temptation has been too much for me a few times, and it's fantastic >:D haha.

I'm really enjoying the bike so far and it pretty much does everything I thought it would and everything I need it too.

I find it quite comfortable, the brakes are good, plenty of power, steering is great, sounds great, the gearbox is amazing.

I do find the rear shock a bit stiff, but I'll be playing around with the suspension after my first service. As with most other people, I find the throttle quite snatchy. I am getting used to it, but it occasionally catches me out.... I'm looking at getting the bike tuned once I'm out of the break in period.

As you'll see in the photos, my bike has;

Tank protectors
Side tank protectors
Rear cowl clear protective stickers
Wheel decals
Suzuki screen
Yoshimura tail tidy

I'm looking at getting (in no particular order);
Rad Guard
LED indicators
Crash protection
Power Commander
Tune
Right angle valve stems - the straight ones are a pain

- Marty

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
That screen looks nice, really suits the bike.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Nice. Where did you buy the yoshimura tail tidy? I'm trying to find it for less than $200 aud shipped.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice. Where did you buy the yoshimura tail tidy? I'm trying to find it for less than $200 aud shipped.
I got it from Revzilla in the states. I had $95 Revzilla cash, so that made it less than $100 shipped.

I did have to trim my numberplate a little bit to make it fit in the frame, but that was easily done with some tin snips.

You'll also have to make up a bracket for the reflector... or buy adhesive reflectors.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have a look at the mustard bikes tail tidy. They look the best. They are on ebay $115 Aussie and they are Australian made. They made 2 indicator widths.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Have a look at the mustard bikes tail tidy. They look the best. They are on ebay $115 Aussie and they are Australian made. They made 2 indicator widths.
That's another option I am considering. I like the look of the Yoshi one but I'd rather save $100+ just for something to hold up a stupid number plate.

After all, it's only there so the cops can know where to send the fines. :eek:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looking good Marty.. I think I need to wash my bike then take some photos of my mods too!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: Redman
1 - 8 of 8 Posts