GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Yoshcbx6 here just thanking everyone for contributing to a great forum on a bike we don't know much about yet.

I'm retired and have been riding for 50 Plus years on lots of bikes.

Some say I'm stuck in a 70's time warp but that's because I had a really bad accident in 1979 and can really only ride upright bikes like those in the 70's and early 80's. Crazy about CBX1000s. I've been waiting for a bike with an upright sitting position and a bit of go (I like power) with good handling for years. One test ride on a GSX-S1000 and I was sold.

I bought the GSX-S to just jump on and ride but I've already moved the handlebars and foot pegs to an even more upright position and can now ride for a long time. I'm now working on sorting out the snappy characteristics of my bike.

Cheers Yoshcbx6

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yoshcbx6, I'm retired also but my office calls me back in from time to time and it's a good thing because I spend entirely too much money on my motorcycle obsession and numerous other hobbies.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi Yoshcbx6 here just thanking everyone for contributing to a great forum on a bike we don't know much about yet.

I'm retired and have been riding for 50 Plus years on lots of bikes.

Some say I'm stuck in a 70's time warp but that's because I had a really bad accident in 1979 and can really only ride upright bikes like those in the 70's and early 80's. Crazy about CBX1000s. I've been waiting for a bike with an upright sitting position and a bit of go (I like power) with good handling for years. One test ride on a GSX-S1000 and I was sold.

I bought the GSX-S to just jump on and ride but I've already moved the handlebars and foot pegs to an even more upright position and can now ride for a long time. I'm now working on sorting out the snappy characteristics of my bike.

Cheers Yoshcbx6

Good for you for not quitting in 79!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Welcome, which one did u get, the fast blue fairing model, the average grey or the slow black and red? :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Welcome dude, a shining example of how motorcycles keep you young, maybe not in age but certainly in spirit, keep on keeping on.:D:D

·
Registered
515 Posts
Not having that.. It's been scientifically proven that the Black/Red combo is quicker.
In scientific terms, the wavelength of blue is of higher energy. Hence, the blue bikes were engineered to have more horsepower. Not only that but red is at the low end of the energy spectrum hurting it even further. Science has spoken against you. Lastly, if you love red so much you can always buy a Honda. They are also known to be slower than most other bikes.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm very interested in how you go with the throttle. I've got a Power Commander on the way, hoping that'll make a significant difference.

It's good to see you kept riding after '79!

·
Registered
647 Posts
In scientific terms, the wavelength of blue is of higher energy. Hence, the blue bikes were engineered to have more horsepower. Not only that but red is at the low end of the energy spectrum hurting it even further. Science has spoken against you. Lastly, if you love red so much you can always buy a Honda. They are also known to be slower than most other bikes.
That's light not paint.
The colour red is very sensitive to the human eye compared to blue and that's handy because otherwise we'd just be a blur.

And I've not liked any Honda bike in the last 10 years or so. I think their design team need a kick up the aris

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome. I didn't mean to come across arrogant with my original response to you. I just like to see forum new comers knock on the door, introduce themselves , then pull up a chair beside the fire. ( I'm in the northern Hemisphere) I too am a fan of the CBX. Although I've never owned one, I have had the opportunity to take one for a ride. I remember when Honda Introduced the 6 Cyl. monstrosity. I was about 20 and thought that it was the most incredible bike that I had ever seen. I still haven't ruled out the idea of owning one. They're a classic for sure.

·
Registered
515 Posts
That's light not paint.
The colour red is very sensitive to the human eye compared to blue and that's handy because otherwise we'd just be a blur.

And I've not liked any Honda bike in the last 10 years or so. I think their design team need a kick up the aris
If you want to get trippy then technically your bike is not red at all because that is the reflected color. Of course, then mine is not blue. Anything you see is actually the color / light wavelength that is not absorbed. Hence, your bike is all colors but red. LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the welcome, I've got the slow red and black one but it's getting quicker. I can't help myself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts