GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I paid a visit to my Suzuki dealer today. When I came there a father and son was back from a testdrive with the naked version and the fairing version. The comment from the son when he arrive "this bike is insane" :D
Both the father and the son agree that they prefered the naked version. The bike felt more eager to be driven fast. They also mention that the throttle response felt smoother on the Fairing version, more comfortable to ride but in the end the choose the naked one.

·
Registered
726 Posts
You'll be hard pressed to find any bike in this price range without some niggles.
This is a brand new model that's 5 months old and most of the issues are easily sorted out.
I like to think of us as pioneers of Suzuki's entry into the litre naked market.
If you're ummming and ahhing then I don't think you're worthy of joining the elite ;)
Well after loads of ummmming and ahhhing, I now have a lovely blue naked in the garage, fitted with a genuine Suzuki fly screen and tank protection sticker, All in all I'm a very lucky happy bunny...:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I too have the throttle issue !! I spoke to the guy on the dynojet stand at the NEC and as soon as I mentioned I had a gsxs he told me they had loads of owners asking about the issue , and told me that they have sorted it with a power Commander , I then went and spoke to the main guy on Suzuki stand and he told me that the throttle issue that were talking about was the the way to get round emissions , and then said its a characteristic of the bike , so I bought a PCV , I've just got round to fitting it and it seems to have done the trick , only road tested it for a short distance , so I'll repost when I get chance to give it a proper run !

·
Registered
44 Posts
This throttle issue is causing me to rethink a purhase. The demo I rode was snatching and difficult to hold at a steady speed. I have just taken the hayabusa for a 120km ride on the back country rides the GSXS will be used on and have concerns with a change to GSXS1000. The hayabusa is fueling perfection and I love that bike - if the GSXS had the same throttle control and fueling of the hayabusa I would have no concern with the purchase. Suzuki need to come up with solution.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The problem is hit and miss i believe,i've put over 400km's on mine in the last two days and haven't had a snatchy or jerky throttle as of yet and i've ridden some terrible roads.

·
Registered
974 Posts
People no doubt get me sick of me saying but if you do not want a snatchy throttle then get a throttle tamer , same hp same torque and a different bike to ride, mine was **** and actually dangerous to ride and had me worried I brought the wrong bike, now it's bloody awesome.

Reactions: tonyt

·
Registered
515 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
People no doubt get me sick of me saying but if you do not want a snatchy throttle then get a throttle tamer , same hp same torque and a different bike to ride, mine was **** and actually dangerous to ride and had me worried I brought the wrong bike, now it's bloody awesome.
Nice idea unless you have heated grips.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have never had heated grips or anything to do with them cause I put my bike away for winter here :)
I just thought they went in place of the existing grips or wrapped around them depending which type but again I have no idea of them and am probably missing something

·
Registered
855 Posts
I put a Booster Plug on mine and it's like a new and different bike. Throttle is nearly perfect now. It was annoying before but I was getting used to it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just read through this all, and it is very nice to see that they are interested in the feedback from the people who will be riding them more than the magazine test riders etc.

I need to sort out the mechanical play in my throttle and see if that helps getting control and have smoother and easier response.

But I do have two other issues which has happened a couple of times before. When I try and select first it sometimes struggles. And to help it select first I roll back a little and then she selects.

The other issue is, while riding, when changing from 5th to 6th it "selects" but jumps back out, stays in "neutral" and rev the **** off it and then goes back into 5th. Then when I try a 2nd time she selects into 6th.

Anyone else with that issue?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Just read through this all, and it is very nice to see that they are interested in the feedback from the people who will be riding them more than the magazine test riders etc.

I need to sort out the mechanical play in my throttle and see if that helps getting control and have smoother and easier response.

But I do have two other issues which has happened a couple of times before. When I try and select first it sometimes struggles. And to help it select first I roll back a little and then she selects.

The other issue is, while riding, when changing from 5th to 6th it "selects" but jumps back out, stays in "neutral" and rev the **** off it and then goes back into 5th. Then when I try a 2nd time she selects into 6th.

If that was me I would take the bike back to the dealer and tell them to give you a call when the new bike arrives

·
Registered
104 Posts

If that was me I would take the bike back to the dealer and tell them to give you a call when the new bike arrives
Well, it is going in for first service and will let them know that until that is sorted, I'll keep the courtesy bike they give me.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,828 Posts
Changing up problems often occur if you leave your boot under the lever in anticipation of the next shift. This sometimes means that the selector has not been allowed to fully disengage resulting in a missed gear.
Well, anyway, that's my theory for when I miss gears.:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Changing up problems often occur if you leave your boot under the lever in anticipation of the next shift. This sometimes means that the selector has not been allowed to fully disengage resulting in a missed gear.
Well, anyway, that's my theory for when I miss gears.
I fortunately shift by always taking my boot out because I am a "lazy rider". I don't like changing gears to much. So I try and find a gear I am comfortable in in different riding situations and stay in that gear.

But I'll see what the dealer says when they check it out.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts