GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the GSX come with a metal tank?........I suspect not.
Seen 3 bikes in person and every time I've forgot to check... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
222 Posts
My tank bag magnets "stick" to it, if that's what you are asking. I'm going to say - yes, it is metal, unless I have special magnets that stick to plastic. :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
The fuel tank is metal. I have just got rid of an RSV1000R which had a plastic tank, after 6 years ownership the tank was starting to swell, a common problem if you read the Aprillia forums, So I would never own another bike with a plastic Tank. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fuel tank is metal. I have just got rid of an RSV1000R which had a plastic tank, after 6 years ownership the tank was starting to swell, a common problem if you read the Aprillia forums, So I would never own another bike with a plastic Tank. :)
Yeah the ducs can be bad with the plastic tanks too...I think it becomes more of an issue when fuel with ethanol gets to sit in there for too long...my bikes are never left sat for long so not an issue for me though:)

·
Registered
299 Posts
My Honda CBR1000RR had a plastic tank. I did not like that at all because it kept melting when I'd hold my lighter up to it. I hate when tanks melt from cigarette lighters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts