GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it might be cool to meet some fellow Gixxus owners. Anyone interested in meeting somewhere in the midwest this Summer? Nebraska, Missouri, Minnesota, etc?

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you don't mind me showing up on a Harley, I'll be there. If you require my presence on the GSXS, then I'll have to trailer it to the meeting place.

·
Registered
20 Posts
THAT....is a question as old as time.....

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Because it is my touring bike. There is no way I'm riding the GSXS that far. I cannot endure that kind of punishment at my age. Thirty years ago, maybe.
I thought the GSX S1000 was a touring bike. Is this a case of "naked" envy over us "F" guys? lol

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,884 Posts
Gixxus wrote.
I thought the GSX S1000 was a touring bike. Is this a case of "naked" envy over us "F" guys? lol
Now where did you get that idea from? Suzuki have always called it a Sports Bike and said it was to compete with the Z1000.
I believe they added the fairing at the last minute to compete with the Z1000SX which accounts for the less than perfect design and awkward fitment. Not just my opinion by the way, I've seen it said a few times elsewhere in official reviews.
I'm probably stirring up a Hornets nest here (again) but I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms and am bored to tears looking at the wind and rain.
My very best to all, irrespective of what you ride.:)

Reactions: lee711

·
Registered
387 Posts
I was under the impression that the GSXS is a "naked sports" bike, but I will be doing some touring on mine in the summer, the furthest I've ridden so far on it in one hit, just fuel stops, is 400miles in 5hours, and had a smile on my face every yard of it

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Gixxus wrote.
Now where did you get that idea from? Suzuki have always called it a Sports Bike and said it was to compete with the Z1000.
I believe they added the fairing at the last minute to compete with the Z1000SX which accounts for the less than perfect design and awkward fitment. Not just my opinion by the way, I've seen it said a few times elsewhere in official reviews.
I'm probably stirring up a Hornets nest here (again) but I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms and am bored to tears looking at the wind and rain.
My very best to all, irrespective of what you ride.:)
0:)
Of course a fairing'd one doesn't mind going out in this weather and gives a modicum of protection from not only the wind but the rain too.;)
Actually, it's a sports tourer and can handle whatever the "S" model can just with more style and panache:D

·
Registered
299 Posts
It's too small and light to be a touring bike, albeit I find mine very comfortable. Heck, a few years back I rode my Aprilia Tuono 2,500 miles to Asheville NC and back to Lauderdale with a group of GoldWings, Indians and Harleys. I was totally comfortable and this bike is exactly the same, even smoother.

It's all in what you train your body to do. The human body can be conditioned to do just about anything, to endure just about anything. With the proper training our bodies can handle a 2000 mile ride on a uni-cycle in complete comfort.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's too small and light to be a touring bike, albeit I find mine very comfortable. Heck, a few years back I rode my Aprilia Tuono 2,500 miles to Asheville NC and back to Lauderdale with a group of GoldWings, Indians and Harleys. I was totally comfortable and this bike is exactly the same, even smoother.

It's all in what you train your body to do. The human body can be conditioned to do just about anything, to endure just about anything. With the proper training our bodies can handle a 2000 mile ride on a uni-cycle in complete comfort.
You gotta be a young guy....

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'll be 49 this year. Not old, but not young either. Actually.....I'm perfect :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
The GSXS in in no way a touring bike or sport touring bike and was not marketed as such. If Suzuki intended for it to be a touring bike they would have provided a way to attach saddle bags. A true touring bike or sport touring bike always has a way to attach some kind of luggage and is usually rideable by riders of all ages for several hundred miles without feeling too abused. Some of you younger guys may be able to ride it all day long but that doesn't make it a touring bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Off course Suzuki wouldn't market it as a touring bike, as we have the Suzuki 1200 here with all the touring goodies. The naked S is not intended to be used for touring, more of a drag racer, wheeling and scrapping the foot pegs bike. However I have the F and did 4000km over December, and in my eyes as Gixxus suggests a Super Sport Tourer, at 100 kph or at 200 kph. But then as mentioned before on the forum , us F riders are the sussies!!

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,884 Posts
Nick Sanders went round the world on a Yam R1, does that make it a tourer?
It aint what you've got it's what you do with it.;)

·
Registered
299 Posts
I got hi-jacked off in the alley of a bar last night by a girl I met! LOL!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts