GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I've removed the OEM mirrors I'm left with the clamps with holes in them.
I've googled and trawled ebay to no avail, has anyone seen or know where I can get replacement clamps without the mirror threads?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Now I've removed the OEM mirrors I'm left with the clamps with holes in them.
I've googled and trawled ebay to no avail, has anyone seen or know where I can get replacement clamps without the mirror threads?
Just put in a stainless button head cap screw. Will look great.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I'm going to do for now but I'd really like to do away with the threads.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not quite. I'd like a replacement clamp that does away with the thread/sticking up bit altogether.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Looks like a great idea:) I was going to suggest cutting them off, filing them smooth and painting the top black but those universal ones look ideal.
Lets hope the sizes match

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had a proper look at the clamp on the bike and the half clamps are offset so after market will not fit. So I guess I'll be going the bolt route.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i turned mine upside down and swapped them from side to side works really well doesn't foul any thing looks loads neater

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As a temp measure until I change master cylinder I bought some generic chinese clamps for about £4 off ebay and I used a plastic blanking plug for clutch side from a Honda CBR 125R which cost £1.30 from dealer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts