GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice on most peoples pics of their bikes their mirror locking nuts have a rubber sleeve on, I know my last bike did, but my gsxs-F doesnt and was wondering if the dealer forgot to put them on, or have you guys been and bought a rubber cover?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Mine never come with them and I just checked a photo of another F at the dealer and it never had them either, was it an F model you saw them on or naked

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine never come with them and I just checked a photo of another F at the dealer and it never had them either, was it an F model you saw them on or naked
just noticed on someones photo on here with the gopro mounts, think it was the naked version

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

Nick, you got fleeced. Both variants in Brisbane had the cover on from release day.
Yours and everyone in Au come from the Cherry Lane, Melbourne warehouse.

Rob.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Nick, you got fleeced. Both variants in Brisbane had the cover on from release day.
Yours and everyone in Au come from the Cherry Lane, Melbourne warehouse.

Rob.

Thanks Rob, the cheap ba$tard$ , least mine come with front reflectors as the bike in the pic didn't , ain't I lucky :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
No rubber boots on my F, with the shape of the mirror arm, I can't really see how they could be fitted.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The rubber isn't long enough to reach my nuts. I'm usually left with about 2 inches of unprotected property.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Actually the mirrors in the picture Rob posted are different to mine and like you said Martin it would be hard to get them to fit

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The rubber isn't long enough to reach my nuts. I'm usually left with about 2 inches of unprotected property.

Oh Thumper, you have a way with words that would make the Late Benny Hill (Eng. TV Comedian) jealous!
There's me thinking of rubber condoms for the nuts and bolts. Silly Old Me.

Rob.>:D:D:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts