GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one thing I dislike on my bike is the Mirrors. Is there any better option ? I have the F model if that changes things.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i want to get mirrors from a sport bike like a gsxr or aprillia and mount them on my F models front fairing like the actual sport bikes would have to try and reinforce the fairing probably

·
Registered
544 Posts
Cheap ones off amazon have served me well for two years now. I did have to swap out the internal bar end parts to a better Acerbis dirtbike set I already had on hand. I've removed them to swap out grips and they reinstalled with ease. Now if people would stop bumping them when they walk by the bike I'd be happy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The mirrors on the faired and naked models are totally different yet both are handlebar mounted. Does anyone know why/what the differences are?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Yeah the mirrors on the "F" version are more like car mirrors, with fixed outer shell.
Suzuki thinks it makes "F" owners feel more at home.;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
i want to get mirrors from a sport bike like a gsxr or aprillia and mount them on my F models front fairing like the actual sport bikes would have to try and reinforce the fairing probably
That’s EXACTLY what I would like to do for no other reason than I like the way they look, we’ll have to put our heads together and think of a plan 🤓 Until then I may end up buying the ones that Mike D. Has, they look nice.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just replaced my bar end mirrors after damaging one of them. I loved the look of them, didn’t mind having to look down at them, but they made the bike just too wide. These are a nice compromise from the stock mirrors. I flattened them out a little more since I took these pictures, and they look even better. After riding, I realized that even lower would still provide adequate visibility.
C9C9B8EF-94A1-408D-B205-EACE82219C01.jpeg
F04A878F-BFD2-4D99-BB48-C2878521C007.jpeg
018C5A27-6BBF-4333-B6E3-27B0E4884EF4.jpeg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Twag4 those mirrors look great. Are these the NCS mirrors? What's up with their pricing on Ebay ($1295 USD LOL). Stock mirrors are too narrow for me as I have broad shoulders. Just got the bike and not sure if there is an adjustment to extend the factory mirrors.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Twag4 those mirrors look great. Are these the NCS mirrors? What's up with their pricing on Ebay ($1295 USD LOL). Stock mirrors are too narrow for me as I have broad shoulders. Just got the bike and not sure if there is an adjustment to extend the factory mirrors.
There is an adjustment to bring the mirrors outward … need to remove the cover and you'll see you can unscrew them a bit.

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
These will not be better for you, probably not as wide as stock. They are low enough to see outside my forearms, but I see a lot of my arms. I’m 5’7” and about 175lbs, stocky build. I’m a squatty body, 44” chest, 32” waist, but they work ok for me. I was sick of trying to get my bike through half of my opened storage bldg door. i had to weave the bar ends through, or open both halves of the doors. Small stuff, but these make my life more enjoyable. Im in my fifties now, and I place high value on comfort and fewer annoying things!

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is an adjustment to bring the mirrors outward … need to remove the cover and you'll see you can unscrew them a bit.
Just seeing this post, not sure how I missed it. I'm gonna check and see if it helps enough. If not, then I'll probable go with some bar-ends so I can actually see what's behind me. Everytime I ride my GSX-S it is very frustrating not being able to see behind me. My two other bikes have bar-ends and work fine. Also, the factor mirrors look goofy. Might change them out just for this reason, regardless.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts