GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I adjusted my mirrors as Gixxus Lou stated. It definitely helped. I can see behind me, but only with not even half of the mirror. I went ahead and ordered some bar end mirrors.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah, it helps but not as much as I'd want too.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The stock mirrors worked fine for me but was not a fan of the looks. These have a smaller mirror surface than the stock mirrors but work well and give me the look I want. Tried to find the balance between form and function. Do have to move your arms sometimes to see 100% of what’s behind you but I have almost always had to do this on my other bikes before so am use to it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
OK so I picked up some great mirrors for my GSX-S. They are Kemimoto bar ends. I believe someone mentioned them previously on this or another thread. I got them off of Amazon for $39. They are exactly what I wanted. They are a little smaller than the stock mirrors, but slightly larger than the typical bar ends that are popular on Amazon and Ebay (I have a pair of these laying around).

I have pics of the sizes for comparison. I can now see much better behind me. Bar ends were definitely the best option for me with these handle bars vs how broad my shoulders are.

Stock mirror on the left, Kemimoto on the right, and generic at the bottom

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
They look good. I see the bar end weights have to be removed, do you notice any more vibration.?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Can't find those same Kemimoto ones in the UK just now. There are similar ones but they're not as big.
Guess I'll just keep searching.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can't find those same Kemimoto ones in the UK just now. There are similar ones but they're not as big.
Guess I'll just keep searching.
These are on Ebay and ship internationally (free shipping) from China. May take a bit longer to ship, but they even have a "make an offer" option on the price. The model number is nearly the same except these have BK at the end, whereas mine had US.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'm a fan of bar-end mirrors. They open up the front view, and less helmet turbulence. I have the CNC Racing Rocket mirrors and love them. They work with the stock bar ends. They can be found here.
Hang on give me a minute, thanks for the info but I'm feeling a bit giddy. Just seen the price. That would be 175 US D a pair.:(
I would be frightened to park the bike in case it fell over.:)
I particularly liked the shape of the Kemimotos rommsccv found, not so keen on round ones. Cheers anyway.(y)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just replaced my Puig Hyper Naked Mirrors (see earlier in this thread) with CRG Arrow Bar End. I like the looks, quality & ease of adjustability.
OBTW - the Puig will be for sale.

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
Just replaced my Puig Hyper Naked Mirrors (see earlier in this thread) with CRG Arrow Bar End. I like the looks, quality & ease of adjustability.
OBTW - the Puig will be for sale.
They look great. I have the Chinese knock offs and they're good for $20. I couldn't bring myself to hand over a small fortune for the CRG. I'm jealous.

·
Registered
200 Posts
So I adjusted my mirrors as Gixxus Lou stated. It definitely helped. I can see behind me, but only with not even half of the mirror. I went ahead and ordered some bar end mirrors.
Another thing I did on my last ride that helped a lot more than I was expecting was to move the outside tip of the mirror up towards the sky such that the angle of the mirror top is almost the same as the angle of the mirror arms.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So one thing I dislike on my bike is the Mirrors. Is there any better option ? I have the F model if that changes things.
I went to cycle gear and bought the speed metal mirrors....at first they folded in and vibrated like crazy at any speed. I used electrical tape on the swivel ball..can't even tell its there, no more vibration and the mirrors did not fold in at 160 lmao....only cost 55 dollars

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I was just reviewing this thread, and the pictures, and after having nice, small, convex bar ends, I'm just struck by how (hmmmm... how to put this nicely...) visually imposing the non-bar end mirrors are. Some of the bar end mirrors are close, but... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
200 Posts
One thing that I did NOT like after riding my just-sold Triumph with bar-ends was the need to look down to see the mirrors. I never thought about it until I got back on the GSX but the ability to just glance at the GSX stock mirrors and see what's around you is something I like.

Reactions: dekker
21 - 40 of 48 Posts