GSXS 1000 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
I went with some rizoma copy's, they were the best comprise for me, hate using bar end mirrors, they make the bike too wide and awkward to see anything. The ones on the bar never look as good imo. These copy's look well made and work well but they don't look as good as bar end.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
Do those mirrors screw into the existing mirror mounts? I was looking at replacing the mirrors on my F with some bar-end ones, but the problem is the bracket that holds the stock mirrors also holds the levers, so it cannot be removed, and if I removed just the mirrors I'd have an awkward looking hole there and that would bug me.

My main complaint about the stock mirrors is that they are difficult to adjust (I tend to adjust my mirrors frequently depending on how I feel like sitting, especially on long rides).

·
Registered
502 Posts
Do those mirrors screw into the existing mirror mounts? I was looking at replacing the mirrors on my F with some bar-end ones, but the problem is the bracket that holds the stock mirrors also holds the levers, so it cannot be removed, and if I removed just the mirrors I'd have an awkward looking hole there and that would bug me.

My main complaint about the stock mirrors is that they are difficult to adjust (I tend to adjust my mirrors frequently depending on how I feel like sitting, especially on long rides).
Yes they do however they sat a bit low, I bought 20mm longer screws and spacers to lift them up so they didn't interfere with me putting my hands on the grips.
These can't be adjusted on the fly, everything is bolted together, ie grub screws or Allen head bolts, once I set mine I never move them unless they are knocked. The mirror glass is convex slightly for a better view.
If anyone watches RJ, he has the same ones on a few of his bikes.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
323 Posts
You can replace the brackets (attached item 8 - for Suzuki Bandit) and not have the awkward hole); and get your bar end mirrors.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I unscrewed everything off and used only the mirror. now i see everything behind me from underneath my armpits :). this weekend i will do the right mirror.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
Interesting … didn't know that would work, well done. Not for me as I like the mirrors up higher but may for someone else.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts