GSXS 1000 Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
I sure hope that your not implying i made that comment, because i never did. Just to be clear...
How long have you been riding motorcycles? Good to hear about your education level.
Definitely implying it. "Been around 60+ years and still around " yada yada ... I'm quite amazed at how you've made it this far.
Luckily for you, time, or lack thereof is on your side. 50 years ago middling intelligence wasn't a problem. In 2020 it's a serious issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You guys shouldnt really engage in a discussion with some troll, its not healthy :D

but for the sake of reasoning I tried riding a few weeks without mirrors after a trackday where I "forgot" to put them back on. And its incredibly dangerous in my case mainly because most of the time I assume Im faster then anyone else and merging i to a different lane we can use our neck to quickly check if we have space. BUT, I learned really quickly when I got surprised by a small Cooper S that "wasnt there" a second before.

A single small mirror placed right will be my next mirror mod since the short oem mod makes the bike look like mikey mouse atm.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
OK so I picked up some great mirrors for my GSX-S. They are Kemimoto bar ends. I believe someone mentioned them previously on this or another thread. I got them off of Amazon for $39. They are exactly what I wanted. They are a little smaller than the stock mirrors, but slightly larger than the typical bar ends that are popular on Amazon and Ebay (I have a pair of these laying around).

I have pics of the sizes for comparison. I can now see much better behind me. Bar ends were definitely the best option for me with these handle bars vs how broad my shoulders are.

Stock mirror on the left, Kemimoto on the right, and generic at the bottom

I just bought some KeniMoto mirrors did you try reversing them and see if you liked them?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought some KeniMoto mirrors did you try reversing them and see if you liked them?
Hmmm I might have to try this. I do know that I really like these mirrors. When I jump on my Thruxton with it's small, round, bar ends, I definitely feel at a disadvantage.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts