GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, thought I would update with a few mods that have happened or soon to.

Wheel decals went on straight away and then ordered the R&G tail tidy. Went for a 7x5 plate in the end and treated myself to a private reg too.

On order are front LED bar end indicators call motogadget m-blaze disc and rear indicators are m-blaze ice. Should arrive this week so will post pics when installed.

Removed the rear foot pegs and chucked on the Suzuki seat cover too.

Any advice from you guys about the following?
Exhaust - I like the stubby exhaust but would love to replace with another stubby. All the ones I have seen are larger?
Wing Mirrors - any recommendations?
Do rear foot peg blanking covers exist to cover the holes where the foot pegs bolted in?
Brake lines - do braided brake lines improve performance? Worth changing?

Any advice appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
Cracking pair of bikes you have there, very nice.
Not sure about the handle bar indicators, look cool but will the MOT man kick your ass in 3 years time?

Exhaust, I'm also looking for a stubby and not found one yet.
Mirrors, I'm still looking. User tsmetjen has some nice ones though.
Blanking covers, negative on that as well. I've used some st/stl button heads for the time being.
Every time I've fitted braided lines to my bikes the feel has always improved along with sintered pads and I've always used the racing set up.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I like the Remus exhaust

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have experience with the brembo gsxr calipers. The lines may be a slight improvement, very slight. Much of th eline improvement will be due to your doing a proper bleed on the system. They still wont be very powerful.

The fix is to replace the brake pads. If you order these:

Vesrah RJL Race Brake Pads VD 9031RJL 2 Sets Both Calipers 675R GSX R RSV4 RC8 | eBay

Once these are in, you'll know what good brakes feel like. These pads are worth ten times what the lines offer, if not more.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've put the Remus hypercone on mine it's nice and and stubby and fits to the oe exhaust hanger. Now it's been on for a while it's developed a Nice sound. Never thought about taking rear footrests off! Ps you look a bit young to be riding those bikes Lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ ackack- cheers fella. Gsxs has done 2000 miles already and Gixxer has done 200. Says it all!

I hadn't thought about the MOT although the website says they have E mark and front turn signal approval so think they may be ok?

Gonna hold out on the exhaust I think. A carbon version identical to what we have shape wise is what I would like.

Will check out tametjen's mirrors, ta :0)

Yeah I have just filled the holes too. R&G seem to do gixxer ones so maybe they will have some soon.

Never changed cables or pads before but really want to pimp this bike up lol

Thanks for replying

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ tsmetjen - I actually like the look of the Remus one, thanks. There is something about the stubby standard exhaust that I really like though.

I would like to see a yoshi carbon version come out ;0)

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ rcannon409 thanks for the advice. Have never changed cables, pads or calipers before. Might leave these till last until I feel a bit braver lol

I am still riding her like a ***** too so brakes etc can wait ;0)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@ Tlrichard - that's two shouts for the Remus. How would you say the sound compares to the stock exhaust? Noticeable difference?

The back end of our bikes is so high even compared to the gixxer. Removing the rear foot pegs opens the back end right up and it really looks the nuts!!

Lol my son loves the bikes. Only with the engines off though. Craps his pants when the noise gets going!

Thanks for replying

·
Registered
282 Posts
@ tsmetjen - I actually like the look of the Remus one, thanks. There is something about the stubby standard exhaust that I really like though.

I would like to see a yoshi carbon version come out ;0)

Cheers
My Remus hypercone titanium is in order now :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
@ ackack- cheers fella. Gsxs has done 2000 miles already and Gixxer has done 200. Says it all!

I hadn't thought about the MOT although the website says they have E mark and front turn signal approval so think they may be ok?

Gonna hold out on the exhaust I think. A carbon version identical to what we have shape wise is what I would like.

Will check out tametjen's mirrors, ta :0)

Yeah I have just filled the holes too. R&G seem to do gixxer ones so maybe they will have some soon.

Never changed cables or pads before but really want to pimp this bike up lol

Thanks for replying
I have the Rizoma 959 race mirrors

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts