GSXS 1000 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
I also wonder why Suzuki claims this high of horsepower, but disagree that the bike on Chris Moore's video is a factory dog. My bike (2022 naked) and most other 2022 US variants that I have seen all have similar dyno results; roughly 124HP before tune and roughly 139HP after.
Good call to only include US models. The chart BIKE magazine did was a stock UK market GT. It made 139RWHP. I know dyno's vary, but that is 15HP more than the US bikes. We need more new gen bikes to get dyno'd in the USA to get more data.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
us vs uk mappings are restricted.

this is a map of a gsxr US vs UK. this could of been purely why we can't make the dyno numbers as UK.

personally im going to probably just load a UK map into my gt once UK gsxs map appears on woolich. since they are not as restricted from factory.
Colorfulness Computer Personal computer Product Computer monitor

·
Registered
18 Posts
Even on a bad day these bikes will still return 40mpg while being flogged.
I have commuted for three weeks on my GT, mainly highway cruising around 80 mph with the occasional flog here or there. Bike has 1300 miles and is averaging just 38 mpg. I expected better based on others experiences but doesn’t bother me too much. It does suck fueling the bike every third day though.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I have commuted for three weeks on my GT, mainly highway cruising around 80 mph with the occasional flog here or there. Bike has 1300 miles and is averaging just 38 mpg. I expected better based on others experiences but doesn’t bother me too much. It does suck fueling the bike every third day though.
I get 45mpg by myself, and 42mpg at 70-75 mph.

·
Registered
2016 f
701 Posts
Good call to only include US models. The chart BIKE magazine did was a stock UK market GT. It made 139RWHP. I know dyno's vary, but that is 15HP more than the US bikes. We need more new gen bikes to get dyno'd in the USA to get more data.
Fuels vary country to country, usa 91oct surpasses 98oct rated here in nz, i can imagine uk fuels being different to both very easily, bikes quoted hp is usually crankshaft hp...not rwhp
Then there is the fact that the early gen gsxs bikes had only 145hp quoted, but often dyno'ed at 138-142 rwhp stock,yet their is approx 12-15hp lost from crank to rear wheel...!!!
Also the less overlap cams actually do boost the responsiveness to throttle changes - thereby making the engine feel gruntier, yet limiting the top end power, plus the more restrictive exhaust ( via 2 cats) also limits topend output

·
Registered
2016 f
701 Posts
Why is Suz claiming the bike still produces 152PS? Suz in the past has always been honest about its HP numbers. Its also interesting that the BIKE magazine chart of the performance specs of the bike shows the powerband with the same pronounced mid range flat spot the new cams were supposed to fix. They also got 139HP out of their stock GT which puts it on par with older gen stock bikes. I think the one Moore tuned was just a factory dog. It happens. Some lucky folks get a factory freak that is stronger than average, some get the other side of the spectrum and get a bike that is weaker than average.

Getting one tooth off on a cam sprocket when installing the timing chain during assembly could create a under powered bike that would still probably run ok.
The engine wont run if the timing is out that far

·
Registered
141 Posts
I get 45mpg by myself, and 42mpg at 70-75 mph.
That's pretty bad in my opinion. Same with the previous poster getting 38. I have a 2016 gsxs1000 naked with a M4 exhaust and mra touring screen, that has had danos tune and now Chris tune. I drive 96 miles round trip for work. 40 of those miles I am doing 80mph on highway the entire time. Then the rest are country roads. I repeatedly get 41-43mpg.

For body size I am 6'5" so my upper body catches some wind drag.

The newer models with euro 5 BS must really be hurting these bikes mpg. Especially since they make less power.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
That's pretty bad in my opinion. Same with the previous poster getting 38. I have a 2016 gsxs1000 naked with a M4 exhaust and mra touring screen, that has had danos tune and now Chris tune. I drive 96 miles round trip for work. 40 of those miles I am doing 80mph on highway the entire time. Then the rest are country roads. I repeatedly get 41-43mpg.

For body size I am 6'5" so my upper body catches some wind drag.

The newer models with euro 5 BS must really be hurting these bikes mpg. Especially since they make less power.

it has 2 catalytic converters.Of course it’s bad if you decatted and tuned using same afr as stock targets you’d easily get 50mpg imo

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Why don't you do exhaust then? If that is your ultimate goal for performance with efficiency?

well I am in talks with people for 2018 gsxs1000 stock exhausr w decat mid pipe installed

but the guy is flaky and has been replying like once a week.
Idc tho. I’d rather leave my exhaust whole and put in attic incase emission police come out one day

I’m not a believer in paying a thousand dollars for those m4 etc systems I think they ugly. Prefer the stock exhaus end can

if anyone local ever pops a deal up I will snag it

the only issue I have is I actually like how quiet my 22 gt is, removing both cats could become deafening

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Its kind of ridiculous that headers for my bike are the same price as headers for my V8 car. Much more material, hand welds and polishing on the car headers. I wish M4 would release a header that accepts stock and aftermarket cans because I don't like their tapered can either. Too loud and I don't like big logo's on the can. For the price of the system they should pay me to put their logo on my bike haha.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Its kind of ridiculous that headers for my bike are the same price as headers for my V8 car. Much more material, hand welds and polishing on the car headers. I wish M4 would release a header that accepts stock and aftermarket cans because I don't like their tapered can either. Too loud and I don't like big logo's on the can. For the price of the system they should pay me to put their logo on my bike haha.
Some people love the biggest cans they can get. Each their own. I like smallest sleekest set up

·
Registered
141 Posts
It's funny how different taste in exhaust is. I like the M4 look and have the flexibility of putting the silencer baffle in. I also bought the q3 as well in case I go on a really long trip. The M4 for the gsxs tucks up nicely against the bike. For the mt09 m4 its ugly. That z900 to me is hideous. Different stroke for different folks, good to have options for sure. Even before exhaust I had to the no noise filtered ear plugs because the wind blast on my helmet was so bad with long commutes. Plus with ear plugs my cardo headset sound even better. Changing the exhaust had no difference in sound in my helmet, but keeps the 270 highway traffic away from me.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
It's funny how different taste in exhaust is. I like the M4 look and have the flexibility of putting the silencer baffle in. I also bought the q3 as well in case I go on a really long trip. The M4 for the gsxs tucks up nicely against the bike. For the mt09 m4 its ugly. That z900 to me is hideous. Different stroke for different folks, good to have options for sure. Even before exhaust I had to the no noise filtered ear plugs because the wind blast on my helmet was so bad with long commutes. Plus with ear plugs my cardo headset sound even better. Changing the exhaust had no difference in sound in my helmet, but keeps the 270 highway traffic away from me.

ha yeah, exhaust are like women, we have our types, buttt... sometimes ya gotta have a bit of different every so often bwahaha. bad joke

just took bike out after refreshing back to stock w fan temps set to 195/205 butter smooth again in the areas where Moores tune was not. I have no doubt once hes gotten a stock bike to get a tune off of and alter it it will be smooth, the power was raw, but the drivability I wasn't as happy with as I was with stock.

I was for a few hundred miles, but then the little twitchiness got to me, it felt like my old gsxs 1000 with the twitchy/surgy low cruise condition. did not like it. but on wot it was a hoot.

ONCE UK maps are released for Gsxs GT I will compare them for everyone and let everyone know the exact differences in the fueling. (as I will be jacking the unrestricted map myself) and putting it onto my bike.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 · (Edited)

How much does the standard baffle tame the sound and can you feel a difference in power with the baffle in? If it can be a bit quieter I might consider it. But I would try to special order it with no logo or trim. It will look much better without it IMO.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Also here are the fuel values, ETV is the openings, you can see how they shut down. gives you an idea of US power restrictions mentioned.

people tend to fix the ignition from 1-4 to kinda match all 1-6 gearings, and also our us/uk map you can see we get it full on at

Rectangle Font Art Gadget Tints and shades

Colorfulness Rectangle Font Art Tints and shades

this is fro a comarpsion of US vs UK Gsxr but same principal should apply here. where we shut down and the time it takes for us to open up, is going to be larger on the gsxs UK. thats prob why our dyno numbers suck here.
Colorfulness Computer Personal computer Product Computer monitor

gear 1
Computer Font Gadget Personal computer Gas

gear 6
Font Rectangle Paper Display device Document

121 - 140 of 169 Posts