GSXS 1000 Forum banner
141 - 160 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
So wouldn't you just want to make the throttle percentage and ETV percentage match to de restrict it? Make it behave like a cable actuated butterfly?
im not a pro, so im not picking with anything til I see the UK map to compare it. because if you de restrict it all, make all 100% etc. in my. mind I should be changing the fueling to match it in another chart.

I literally read a lot of gsxr people on the forums, literally just flash UK maps onto US, saying its the same thing without restrictions/our restrictions are noise based I believe I read. meanwhile UK evidently isn't that strict, the same bikes.

Or a lot of people us the base map, and just copy over maps 5/6 to de restrict, and leave the US stuff alone. but I believe Euro 5 US and UK both have 1-4 gear retarding. I know I feel it not that im stock again, but its smooth, so I will take that over a little choppy.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Doesn't the AFR have to be adjusted as well with that scenario?
yep, I just mentioned it above.

theres 3 maps from what I am looking at, theres ignition, (1-4 is diff than 5/6 gear) then fueling map, and ETV. ETV is the throttle opening.

woolich told me this because I asked them this. because I wanted to know if I would indeed be able to read UK maps. - but if I have both UK/US models, I can compare them directly, if theres no fueling diff and its all ETV I can copy their map over, and if there are additional fuel with the 100% slots opened up, I will copy their 5/6 fueling map along with the ETV map, making a pair.
Font Darkness Magenta Event Brand

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
im literally just a newbie, im not going to go and make changes without knowing what im doing, or at least another map to reference off of.

I trust the OEM maps, and if UK is de restricted, if its safe for their bike, its safe for mine. since we literally have same machines. I will also compare all the other fuel cells to make sure they are in check as well. if 90% of the map matches, everything except the 100% opening restrictions, then I will be just copying theirs over.

lol at my laptop tables. I bought vacuums for my offices havnt taken them in yet.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Machine

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
check this out. guy made a video explaining some differences also us vs euro

·
Registered
141 Posts
How much does the standard baffle tame the sound and can you feel a difference in power with the baffle in? If it can be a bit quieter I might consider it. But I would try to special order it with no logo or trim. It will look much better without it IMO.
The baffle makes a huge difference in sound going from open, to standard baffle then the q3. I haven't put the baffle in with moore tune. The baffle actually made my surge at idle with danos tune worse so I took it out. If I get time I might try a video.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
How about taking the European maps to resolve the 5th and 6th gear US restrictions and adjusting all the values in 1-4th gears to match the 5th gear to remove the low rpm restrictions present also in the European mapping?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I concur. This board needs to stop blindly recommending Dano to new GSXS owners. His fuel maps suck compared to Moore Mafia. I can't wait to be able to ride again. About 3 weeks ago I had a full bowel blockage (Crohns) and had to have an emergency resection and also lost half my colon, as things were stuck together inside me. That happened literally the day after I finished installing my new shock and Brembo M/C. I am feeling better everyday and hope to be riding again next month.
Just saw this. Hope you are doing better now. It’s a long, slow recovery. My wife has Crohn’s also and had a dbl resection mid last month. Don’t know where you’re located but Cleveland Clinic has some of the best GI surgeons in the world. I’d highly recommend them, especially Weston FL, if you’re ever in a real bad way. It’s a ****ty disease. I wish you the best.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
How about taking the European maps to resolve the 5th and 6th gear US restrictions and adjusting all the values in 1-4th gears to match the 5th gear to remove the low rpm restrictions present also in the European mapping?
im not an expert but I will look into the excel sheets when uk map is out and compare everything

but I was under impression that’s how it’s done

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Just saw this. Hope you are doing better now. It’s a long, slow recovery. My wife has Crohn’s also and had a dbl resection mid last month. Don’t know where you’re located but Cleveland Clinic has some of the best GI surgeons in the world. I’d highly recommend them, especially Weston FL, if you’re ever in a real bad way. It’s a ****ty disease. I wish you the best.
Thank you so much. I started showing symptoms at 50yo. Started out as an inconvenience, over the years has become life altering. So much abdominal pain goes along with Crohns. I am about 40lbs less than when it started. I hate being thin but it is what it is. At least I am still good to work and ride so can't complain too much. Hope your wife has a speedy recovery as well. I am hoping as everything heals I get a few years of relief and gain some weight back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello

I use Woolich Racing products for my 2016 Gsxs 1000F. I've compared a bit between maps, it's a Europe/Australia 32920-04K41 map that differs quite a bit.

Ignition Maps - Higher ignition over most of all RPM.
Fuel Maps - Fairly large differences in the fuel, Factory Unifyd Fuel Cylinder Maps.
Deceleration Ful Cut - Disabled from factory.
Fan settings - 100/95 from factory
STP Opening - Opens more.

There are more differences than the ones I have listed. Does anyone know why Suzuki has made this map. Seems to be some performance edition. Can't find much info on ECU / map 32920-04K41. I think I've read that Suzuki had some test bikes with yoshimura exhaust.

32920-04K41
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Screenshot

32920-04K30
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Screenshot

32920-04K41
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software

32920-04K30
Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Software

·
Registered
19 Posts
From the available information on the internet I assume that the decel fuel cut off feature will probably melt the cat on a stock exhaust. I am wondering if the same would happen with an O2 sensor elimination and an ECU tune with the decel fuel cut in place. Any ideas?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 · (Edited)
From the available information on the internet I assume that the decel fuel cut off feature will probably melt the cat on a stock exhaust. I am wondering if the same would happen with an O2 sensor elimination and an ECU tune with the decel fuel cut in place. Any ideas?
One of my customers is a NGK ceramics plant that makes the ceramic core component of a converter. It is basically extruded special dirt (their own words) that is fired in a kiln at temps your exhaust will never see. There is no way anything is melting haha. I think its more of a theoretical debate of potential fouling of the catalyst. After a flash YES, you need to disconnect the 02 sensor because it does have a heating element that is no longer needed if the 02 is disabled.The concern was not really about the fuel cut being turned off it was concern over the pair valve function being disabled too and unburned gasses fouling the cat, not melting it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 · (Edited)
So to be safe just leave your pair valve working if you disable the fuel cut on a bike with a stock exhaust. The exhaust is so quiet you won't hear loud pops and bangs on decel, so there is no reason to disable the pair valve function anyway. The pair valve has ZERO effect on performance. The only reason to disable the pair valve is if you install headers and don't want pops and bangs on decel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I found a local shop with experience with the older GSXS (mine would be the 1st new model for them) and my target would be to keep the original exhaust. My fear is it would foul the cat as I read some posts about the Danos Tune and cats going bad. The idea in my mind is, that with the O2 sensor eliminated and the AFR not that lean some unburned gas could get to the cat. But if I would leave the decell fuel cut in place and the pair valve unblocked I should be on the safe side, correct?

141 - 160 of 169 Posts