GSXS 1000 Forum banner
161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have two flashed ECUs for my '16, one with Dano's tune and one with 2WDW, and with my setup (full m4) the 2WDW runs and pulls much harder. Also idles better. Just my experience...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
I found a local shop with experience with the older GSXS (mine would be the 1st new model for them) and my target would be to keep the original exhaust. My fear is it would foul the cat as I read some posts about the Danos Tune and cats going bad. The idea in my mind is, that with the O2 sensor eliminated and the AFR not that lean some unburned gas could get to the cat. But if I would leave the decell fuel cut in place and the pair valve unblocked I should be on the safe side, correct?
no need to keep the decel fuel cut. You really want to disable it as it is critical to get a super smooth throttle. Keep the pair system functional and you are safe.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Guys,

For those that have put a full exhaust and tune on the GSX-S 1000, whether Dano's, Chirs Moore's, etc., what did you guys do with the exhaust valve cables and servo? Looks like you need to take the rear shock off to remove the exhaust valve servo and cable from the bike. How did you remove them from the bike? Can you just leave the servo and cables attached to the bike? If you left on did you just zip tie the cable and to where?

Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Didn't mess with the shock at all, just unhooked and worked the motor and cables out.
Reagenn: Looking it looks like these 3 bolts hold the motor/bracket. Is this the bolts you removed to get the bracket and motor/cables out. Or was it just the 2nd pic with the bottom bolt that holds the motor on? Was there anything else held on to the bracket?

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Hood Motor vehicle
Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Hood Coil Tread
Automotive tire Light Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks was able to get it out with unbolt top of shock. Now to get the thing unplugged. Tight fit with the sun frame, rear cowl, and battery box. Any ideas.

Wondering if I can just cut the wires, since getting full system and ECU flash from Moore Mafia. After the flash I think gets Rid of the servo option.

thoughts.

161 - 169 of 169 Posts