GSXS 1000 Forum banner

More Greetings from North East England

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Martin 
#1 ·
Hi, another Red & black owner, mine for the last month
The Suzuki shares its shed with a 1989 Ducati 851, no jealously between the bikes there then.....
Enjoy bikes, beer, watching Irish Road Racing and most other things life chucks at me.
Good to get in a the launch of a new bike and see how things progress.
Come on in, pull up a chair and enjoy the crack why don't you :)

#3 ·
Hi Ackack,
I'm enjoying the bike so far.

It's comfortable and handles reasonably well, although pushing it on B roads bounces it around a bit.
I'm hopefully having a mate help me put a bit of a better set up into it this weekend, weather permitting....

The slow speed fuelling problems I treat as a pit lane rev limiter and am constantly playing up and down the gearbox with.
What with that and giving myself admiring glances in shop windows, it eases inner city riding, Hahaha.

Really like the Renthal Fat Bars and the riding position, although I'm looking for a small screen, but have yet to make a decision.

Reactions: ackack
#5 ·
Good to hear.
Have you made any changes to the suspension yet?
I sorted out my sag and it made such a big difference. I've not really changed other settings yet as I'm taking it apart over xmas for various bits.

I do the same around town looking for windows to pose in. I even bought white boots to look like a bigger tart. Good to see another black/red bike, too many blues joining now ;)

#6 ·
I've got about 1300 miles on the bike, so was going to set the pre load, then adjusting it in small increments, taking note to check the standard settings are in the suspension now, then at every adjustment.

#7 ·
White boots - so last year mate
Noticed fast lads now using different coloured boots
Do try and keep up

#10 ·
Thanks Martin
Hope you're enjoying your bike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.