GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the main reason i bought my bike in blue was to do a MotoGP replica, also i preferred the blue to all the other colours :eek: so shoot me its just my opinion :D so I've started here with the tyre's, as the first set only lasted me 2800 miles all tho that was with one track day too i was recommended Bridgestones S20 tyres, which i have to say, so far so good plus it also allowed me to do this with them which was a bonus, so here is the result.
also stage 2 is done but waiting for a good day to take a picture but it is on its way!

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
So the main reason i bought my bike in blue was to do a MotoGP replica, also i preferred the blue to all the other colours :eek: so shoot me its just my opinion :D so I've started here with the tyre's, as the first set only lasted me 2800 miles all tho that was with one track day too i was recommended Bridgestones S20 tyres, which i have to say, so far so good plus it also allowed me to do this with them which was a bonus, so here is the result.
also stage 2 is done but waiting for a good day to take a picture but it is on its way!

what have you used for the white lettering

·
Registered
147 Posts

I like it, looks nice.:)

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,965 Posts
Motogp replica ? they are on Michelin now. :)
I am with you 100% on the Blue, that is true Suzuki.
I think perhaps the tyre lettering would be better all in white, the red doesn't work for me.
Maybe the wheel stripes could be white- silver or gold to stand out more?
Just my opinion, best of luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Something like this? Love it btw :)
pretty much, just a few slight changes like the "suzuki" logo will move slightly and it won't be stuck to the frame.

what have you used for the white lettering
i bought a tyre pen from ebay. but im going to go over it again with one from these www.tyrepenz.co.uk

Motogp replica ? they are on Michelin now. :)
I am with you 100% on the Blue, that is true Suzuki.
I think perhaps the tyre lettering would be better all in white, the red doesn't work for me.
Maybe the wheel stripes could be white- silver or gold to stand out more?
Just my opinion, best of luck and enjoy.
yes they are on Michelin's now but my bike is a 2015 bike so im doing a 2015 replica paint job, thats why it has bridgestone tyres,
the reason there is red and white is because thats what the tyres used to have on them last season, see on the pic all the tyres have a coloured band on them and seeing as i can't easily paint that on ive done it as a medium tyre :D as for the rim tape i have bought a replica of it from suzuki but is something else ive not got round to fitting yet but will be done soon ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
I am partial to a bit of white branded lettering myself... Shame they aren't michelins then the blue border would have matched your bike colour ;)
I reckon white wheels would properly set it off and look the nads.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am partial to a bit of white branded lettering myself... Shame they aren't michelins then the blue border would have matched your bike colour ;)
I reckon white wheels would properly set it off and look the nads.
yer it would but i want to make it a similar to the real thing as i can.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,965 Posts
yer it would but i want to make it a similar to the real thing as i can.
Watch out, someone may be along in a minute to say you should have bought an "F" version.:laugh:
Not me though.0:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts