GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine doesn't smooth out until about 3000-4000 RPMs. I did install the Yoshimura Signature Alpha Slip-On and not sure it that caused the issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this motor issue?

Any feedback and what to do to smooth it out? Power Commander? Jetting?

Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
My engine doesn't smooth out until about 3000-4000 RPMs. I did install the Yoshimura Signature Alpha Slip-On and not sure it that caused the issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this motor issue?

Any feedback and what to do to smooth it out? Power Commander? Jetting?

Thx
Power commander and custom map will help but all the noise and emissions rubbish needs to be removed to get the best results.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i wouldnt have thought a slip on would have caused that. Can you put the original back on temporarily?

It could be a number of things but lumpy in low rev range could be a damaged/faulty sensor on the front part of the exhaust. Also there are the butterfly valves in the intake that could cause this type of issue. Ive had airflow and crank sensors fail in cars before which has led to rough lower revs but i assume your management light would have come on if these were at fault.

The suzuki info reads like:

• The new GSX-S1000 uses the Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) system. A butterfly valve is actuated by a servo motor. The amount of valve opening is determined by engine rpm, throttle position and gear position. The SET system controls exhaust pressure waves in order to improve engine combustion at low rpm.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh no...I have been waiting for this to arrive in Oz for 10 weeks now and am having it fitted next week...I am praying I have none of the above affects :(

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh no...I have been waiting for this to arrive in Oz for 10 weeks now and am having it fitted next week...I am praying I have none of the above affects :(
jeztechs, im not 100% sure it was caused by the Yosh slip-on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The poor low down running hasn't got anything to do with the slip on at all, the base map the bike ships with is very lean in the lower rpm ranges causing the snatchy throttle etc. There is also timing retard in the first 3 gears along with a top speed limiter in 6th which limits the rpm to approx 10.5k in top gear. Once the feeling and timing is corrected the bike runs far better.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The poor low down running hasn't got anything to do with the slip on at all, the base map the bike ships with is very lean in the lower rpm ranges causing the snatchy throttle etc. There is also timing retard in the first 3 gears along with a top speed limiter in 6th which limits the rpm to approx 10.5k in top gear. Once the feeling and timing is corrected the bike runs far better.
Im taking a chance on the BoosterPlug device. Already ordered it so I'll know if it performs in about 2 weeks. I did research and every review I read spoke about the GSXS low RPM issue and jerky on/off throttle response

1 - 9 of 9 Posts