GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have to say that I must have owned one of the well built GSXS's as I never had a problem with throttle control or anything associated with engine or suspension, etc. I did have a problem with the ignition lock which left me fiddling with the key for 20 minutes before the lock would turn. Now, 6 months later, just before the trade-in she did it again. So the lock is being replaced under warranty.
Anyway, that's old stuff as I found a deal I couldn't resist on a cherry Hayabusa. She's a 2013 Special Edition with only 2200 miles and looking like she never left the showroom. So I'll be looking for a new forum. Enjoyed the reads here and some of the maintenance tips and issues. A part of me will miss the GXSss, always!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I had a problem with the key not turning on my bike. I believe it had to do with moisture and dirt. I blew compressed air into it, followed by some WD40 and it worked fine ever since.

I hope that's not the only reason you got rid of the GSX-S, but either way I wish you the best with your new machine.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
That's a beautiful bike! I hope it does what you are looking for. I'm sure it would be an improvement in the speed over long distance category.
Report back with your thoughts after you get some miles on it. I'd be interested to hear.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I did the opposite and traded my Busa for the GSXS. Felt it was just a matter of time before I killed myself on the Busa, just sooo much raw power, i miss it sometimes but not the aching back after an hour. Look up and join Hayabusa.org perhaps the best forum for that bike, enjoy it and ride safe!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update - My GSXs sold quite fast which didn't surprise me. What was a surprise is that it sold to a fellow in town that I knew from my FJR days. So we got in touch again and he stopped by my place the other day to gather some words of wisdom about the bike. I was sitting on my front porch when he fired up the bike at the curb to go home. I couldn't believe how sweet the stock exhaust sounded. Of course I'd only heard the bike while sitting on it. ****, that was one sweet sounding motor and for a bit I was wishing it was still mine. So guys, get off and away from your bike and listen to it before you swap out the can.
The Busa and I are getting along just fine. A radar/laser detector is supposed to arrive Monday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts