GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came out. I can't find it listed on anybody's website. I called Twisted Throttle and they are calling MRA in Germany and are custom ordering it for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just came out. I can't find it listed on anybody's website. I called Twisted Throttle and they are calling MRA in Germany and are custom ordering it for me.
Look nice. How much did you pay? Does it require hardness or direct mount on stock head cover?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
285 Posts
I tried to buy this screen in Australia, the agent here wouldn't give me a price on it and said '' get your dealer to order it''. Gave my suzuki dealer the part number and they got it in. Looks better on than the photo shows , cost $230 AUS. works a treat , am 6'1'' and stops all helmet buffeting at speeds over 180 kph , approx 115mph, and gives me a 30kph increase in top speed down the back straight at my local track. Love it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I tried to by this screen in Australia, the agent here wouldn't give me a price on it and said '' get your dealer to order it''. Gave my suzuki dealer the part number and they got it in. Looks better on than the photo shows , cost $230 AUS. works a treat , am 6'1'' and stops all helmet buffeting at speeds over 180 kph , approx 115mph, and gives me a 30kph increase in top speed down the back straight at my local track. Love it.
Nice. Did you get the shorter sport screen or the touring one? Last question, did you get clear, smoke or black?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I'm 6"1' also. Which one did you get?

It's so difficult to get this stuff in the US. I had to buy my Qbag from FC Moto in Germany. I don't mind though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice! You got the racing screen. That's the same one I ordered, except I got mine in smoke. I'm excited!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Stromer, I know it's all a matter of taste, and we all like different things, but the Puig screen is the ugliest thing on the face of the planet. I wouldn't ride around with that red windscreen even if someone paid me $1,000 dollars to do so. Unless I were 17 years old and looking to pick up a 14 year old girl to watch Johnny Sakko and the Flying Robot.

johnny sako and the flying robot - Bing video

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
I gotta say that I changed my helmet from an agv horizon to the GT Veloce and it made a **** of a difference. I dont have a screen on mine at all and at 80 mph on the motorway I had no problems at all even at higher speeds

·
Registered
828 Posts
Stromer, I know it's all a matter of taste, and we all like different things, but the Puig screen is the ugliest thing on the face of the planet. I wouldn't ride around with that red windscreen even if someone paid me $1,000 dollars to do so. Unless I were 17 years old and looking to pick up a 14 year old girl to watch Johnny Sakko and the Flying Robot.
Hahaha!!

I was laughing when I posted that. I wouldn't be caught dead with that on my bike. But you know what, they's sold a few I'm sure so there are some guys with really bad taste.

Loved Johnny Sakko back the day. Now if Suzuki made a GSX-Robot...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I'm working with Keith at Twisted Throttle to get it posted up on their site. They are an MRA dealer but didn't know it was available. They are ordering one for me.

You have to call them, ask for Keith, and tell them you want the new MRA Racing Screen for the 2016 GSXS1000 that's not listed on their website yet. It's on MRA's website, but can't be ordered directly from them. Keith will custom order you one. They are, however, in the process of adding it to their website. He told me it would take a few months.

This is the closest one they have on their website, but it's not the right one http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-racingscreen-style-rnb-windshield-for-naked-sport-bikes-cruisers-enduro-and-dual-sport-motorcycles?utm_source=Criteo&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=Criteo_Dynamic

Tell them you want either the racing or touring screen made specifically for our bikes https://www.mrashop.de/com/selection-by-model/suzuki/gsx-s-1000/

You might have to email them the link so they can see what you're referring to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm working with Keith at Twisted Throttle to get it posted up on their site. They are an MRA dealer but didn't know it was available. They are ordering one for me.

You have to call them, ask for Keith, and tell them you want the new MRA Racing Screen for the 2016 GSXS1000 that's not listed on their website yet. It's on MRA's website, but can't be ordered directly from them. Keith will custom order you one. They are, however, in the process of adding it to their website. He told me it would take a few months.

This is the closest one they have on their website, but it's not the right one MRA RacingScreen (style "RNB") universal windshield for naked sport bikes, cruisers, enduro and dual sport motorcycles | TwistedThrottle.com

Tell them you want either the racing or touring screen made specifically for our bikes https://www.mrashop.de/com/selection-by-model/suzuki/gsx-s-1000/

You might have to email them the link so they can see what you're referring to.
Thanks Thumper for the details! I'll give them a call later today.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I took the Suzuki screen off and easily found these plugs at ACE Hardware that popped right in the holes that were left. The color and texture matches perfectly and now I'm ready to fit the new screen as soon as it arrives.

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
I took the Suzuki screen off and easily found these plugs at ACE Hardware that popped right in the holes that were left. The color and texture matches perfectly and now I'm ready to fit the new screen as soon as it arrives.
Nicely solved. its retarded from Suzuki to let you drill holes in the bike just to mount the screen:|

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was looking for those plugs here in Canada at Home Depot and no luck. Anyone know a better option since we don't have Ace here in Vancouver??
I like the suzuki fly screen for everyday riding, just want a taller screen for the longer trips!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts