GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not was not a fan of the headlight / cowl area on the naked GSXS so looking for a screen to clean her up some. The OEM is nice and really more the direction I want nut to have to drill holes on the plastic is kinda a joke but will still consider it. The MRA Race is nice but a bit taller then I want but probably could trim her down. I also see that the MRA uses bracket to mount, could someone post picks from the seat to show what that looks like as well a up close from the front. What are the thoughts on the OEM screen as for mounting ?

thank you
Ray

·
Registered
13 Posts
From my riding position (height only 162 cm) middle part of the dash fully visible, but on both sides the view of the two bottom lights is blocked by the brackets.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From my riding position (height only 162 cm) middle part of the dash fully visible, but on both sides the view of the two bottom lights is blocked by the brackets.
Thank you for you help

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have the race version or the touring ?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i have the race ,,,been on my bike for 4 years and mostly ride highway between 80 90 mph with pulls to 140 on most rides,,,,,im 6.2 and sit upright at 80 90 100 mph screen works great and is high qualits

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the info and pictures,I am leaning towards the race

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,539 Posts
They changed the mounting brackets on the MRA, the earlier ones fixed to the handlebar clamp with a single hole now they use both holes. Much more secure but does it obstruct the panel less?
Just had a look at the fitting PDF file seems you can see the whole panel now. (y)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Looking at that pic that Kovax posted, I swear that mine uses all 4 bolts on the bar clamp (it's less than 2 yrs old).

Either way, I use it at the beginning and end of riding season when the temps are cool. Once things warm up I don't mind getting the wind blast on my chest as it cools you down so the MRA come off in less than a few minutes..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Honestly for me it comes down to I love the naked look and have had naked since 03 but the junction above the head light is just plain ugly to me. I am looking for something to clean it up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I recently sold my GSXS but I had a Suzuki Bking windshield on it that I thought looked awesome, see pic. Drawback was that I had to make the mounting bracket for it. Side note. Bought my GSXS 2 years ago, put 9K miles on it and sold it for exactly what I paid for it, awesome deal!! Picked up a 2015 FJ-09 with only 4K miles on it to mix it up.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I recently sold my GSXS but I had a Suzuki Bking windshield on it that I thought looked awesome, see pic. Drawback was that I had to make the mounting bracket for it. Side note. Bought my GSXS 2 years ago, put 9K miles on it and sold it for exactly what I paid for it, awesome deal!! Picked up a 2015 FJ-09 with only 4K miles on it to mix it up. View attachment 44687
Nice bike
which screen is that ?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I was dragging my butt on ordering the MRA Racing Screen and went to do it tonight but both Revzilla and Twisted Throttle are out of stock. I can get the direct for more money but hoped to keep it stateside, any thoughts / help? Or is it just a waiting game ?
Thank you
Ray

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i wIQTED\\\\\\\\\

i waited when i ordered 4 years ago im pretty much thinking most do there worth the wait fit, finish second to none.......and they work

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i waited when i ordered 4 years ago im pretty much thinking most do there worth the wait fit, finish second to none.......and they work
I am in no hurry and at this point plan on waiting as it is the best looking screen in my opinion.
The Ermax is not too bad either though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am in no hurry and at this point plan on waiting as it is the best looking screen in my opinion.
The Ermax is not too bad either though.
I ordered the MRA Race from Twisted Throttle
It is not in stock and coming from Germany so about a four week lead time... but four months of winter left lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts