GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a MRA windshield on a GSX S1000? MRA shows it as being available on their website. Based on the FAQ's on their website, Twisted Throttle is the USA importer. A friend of mine has a MRA windshield on his Aprillia and it looks like a quality product.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have one & it seems to be well made, the screen is much thicker than anything else I've seen. There are two steel mounting brackets that replace the tapered mounting sockets on the OEM screen, but the assembly instructions are very explicit.
Unfortunately I have raised the mirrors on mine, 2 inches up & 2 out , so I will need to mod the mounting bracket & make longer spacers for the screen to clear the mirrors, a job for the holiday.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have one & it seems to be well made, the screen is much thicker than anything else I've seen. There are two steel mounting brackets that replace the tapered mounting sockets on the OEM screen, but the assembly instructions are very explicit.
Unfortunately I have raised the mirrors on mine, 2 inches up & 2 out , so I will need to mod the mounting bracket & make longer spacers for the screen to clear the mirrors, a job for the holiday.
Mdala, sounds like you are talking about the F model bike. I have the naked version and the instructions seem good and the install appears fairly simple but totally different from the F model. I'm wondering how stable the mounting is on the naked bike and how it may affect handling at road speed. Thanks for your reply and ride safe. Oh, and Happy New Year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts