GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not rode one , but from what I've read they seem pretty rapid, but fook me what an ugly looking bike, someone described one on another forum perfectly " it looks like someone magnetised the frame and dragged it through a junk yard backwards "
:D... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say.

·
Registered
328 Posts
http://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-1000-versus-competition/22137-yamaha-debuts-mt-10-a.html

good bike , different character to the GSX , sleepy on high revs compare too

Better TC let You enjoy the bike
derived from R1 RN32 plenty of special parts are direct swap
V4 sound
better suspension
same spongy brakes
high fuel consumption
sidestand is well made (not the crap on the GSX):rolleyes:

More i think about , more is hard to understand
WHY suzuki do not just undress a gsx-r (with all benefit) ...

Reactions: bking1441

·
Registered
974 Posts
WHY suzuki do not just undress a gsx-r (with all benefit) ...

The price difference in Australia is only $500 too so a GSXR with higher bars on it is an option and what you are suggesting , hmmmm not a bad idea ;)

·
Registered
328 Posts
500$ difference with a 16 gsx-r?

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
That's the recommended retail price, the gsxr was almost $1000 cheaper a couple of weeks ago

·
Registered
719 Posts
GSX-r is an awesome bike but it really is not as easy to ride around town, even with high bars it just feels different and not happy until your moving. Why does everyone always ask "why didn't they just make a naked GSX-R".....GSX-R and GSX-S do not ride the same. These 2 bikes have considerable overlap but gsx-r makes your work harder for its performance advantages.....its hard to be "lazy" on that bike but not so on my GSX-s. Having ridden with many R owners ive come to realize that very few people have the riding skills to take advantage of the performance differences....An experienced rider on an S will still "beat" a less experienced driver on an R....And that is the point of the GSX-s, competent around town and the track but the R really only shines above 70mph (where its meant to live.)

I guess in my mind there is more to a naked (standard) bike than just stripping the fairings from a super sport model.

As far as the mt-10, its one of those bikes that looks good on paper but I was really let down in person. It really is not as refined as our bike. The plastics and the way they attach to the bike are horrible (seriously, just touch the bike and you will see what I mean about feeling cheap). There are multiple exposed cables by design. I think the brakes are the same as on my fz-07 which were garbage there too. The bike is fast, but the engine was boring.....no rush of power at 8000 rpm. I didn't really get to try traction control. I'm jealous of the cruise control though. The seating was good/comfortable.

I personally like the look of the headlights....way better than the kawa "saggy boob" look.

I know the suspension is supposed to be better but aside from its adjustability i dont think it performed better at all......super spongy, especially the back. That was the same problem on my fz-07, no matter how I adjusted, it just likes to bounce.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I flat barred a gsxr1ooo 2010 , wasnt good . Neither on track or on road, cant pinpoint why and cant be bothered to worry about it but i lapped Donnington faster on the gsxs

·
Registered
502 Posts
My last bike was a r6 streetfighter, it was awesome, only regret was I wish I'd done an r1.
The mt10 imo is ugly and I never got on with it, just thought it was OK

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well at least in oem status gsx-r did not get on-off problem
:D
Stripped supersport must be the right recipe as sold unit numbers are pretty poor here...

found k5 1000 against S dyno
pretty interesting

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Stripped supersport must be the right recipe as sold unit numbers are pretty poor here...

pretty interesting
Why oh why do people still compare the Gsx-s to the K5 Gsxr. ITS NOT THE SAME!!!!!!!!

Get the **** over it

Rant over

·
Registered
328 Posts
If YOUR lack of knowledge tell that , it s just YOUR problem
Easy to see how the engines are similar

yep i still have two k5 :D

·
Registered
1,190 Posts

pretty interesting
The K5 has a nice torque and HP curve but if you take out all the restrictions on the gsx s you end up with exactly the same. What's your point?:)

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I like the MT-10. The factory 12V outlet and cruise control is really nice.

I didn't like it at all when I sat on it. Compared to the GSX-S it was uncomfortable.

If you look at the dyno charts available for both bikes they are extremely close throughout the rev range in both HP and torque.

The Suzuki is considerably cheaper. The crossplane on the MT-10 (FZ-10 here) sounds far superior to me over the crotch-rockety K5 derivative.

However the MT-10 gets **** MPG at around low 30s. The Suzuki gets mid 40s or better.

For me the GSX-S1000A represented a way better value for the money. I don't think there's a smidge of difference between these bikes that would warrant the price the Yamaha tries to command over the Suzki.

Like I mentioned previously, I ended up with a 2016 GSX-S1000 for $8500 out the door, whereas the cheapest I could get a FZ-10 was around 11k+

·
Registered
108 Posts
I should add the Suzuki engine is just superior. For me there is no excuse for Yamaha when Suzuki's engine puts out similar HP and torque across the rev range and is still netting about a third better fuel economy. Ridiculous. That's what really put me off on the bike. They practically set up the bike for sport touring and then gave it an engine with ****ty fuel economy. Crap engineering in that respect, IMHO.

·
Registered
307 Posts
i wanted to buy a mt10 before i seen one in the flesh, a lad i know bought one about 2 months ago and hated it. when i looked at it close it looked cheap to me so im glad i did not get one, the lad i knew who bought the mt took it back and bought a gsxs-f and loves it , he reckons it is built better much better on fuel and just as quick in a smother way , still a nice bike though but im glad i got the gsxs-f

·
Registered
328 Posts
may for 2017 also the GSX with TC on will be able to power wheelie in 4th gear...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts