GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I seen this on a bike in my local shop, it looks like the previous owner has removed the end can and put a cover over the muffler that's fixed to the cat. I asked in the shop if the new where he had got it from but they didn't have a clue so it thought I would ask you guys if you new where you can get one from as I can't find anything on google ?
I think it looks good, what do you guys think of it ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,606 Posts
Yes looks good don't know what it is. Plus the footrests are not standard.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Like that.... would the bike shop give you details of the previous owner, or maybe ask them to give the previous owner a call for you (and me!)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like that.... would the bike shop give you details of the previous owner, or maybe ask them to give the previous owner a call for you (and me!)

If I get chance tomorrow I will pop up again and ask the questions. Will let you know !!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Call me crazy, but that looks a lot like the Yamaha fz09's stock exhaust....like this.

The first pick looks like its curved, but the second looks very close.

Angled less on the suzuki, but if a person cut this end piece off the fz (MT) 09 and welded it to the stock suzuki box, you could choose whatever angle you wanted.?????

I cant tell you what my wifes birthday is, without doing some research, but I can identify motorcycle parts at 100yards....hum....

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yep, reckon your right! Might just be the shield, the tail pipe may be what is already on our scilencer box.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Call me crazy, but that looks a lot like the Yamaha fz09's stock exhaust....like this.

Angled less on the suzuki, but if a person cut this end piece off the fz 09 and welded it to the stock suzuki part.

I think your right ! It was bolted on so he must of welded some lugs on to the muffler for the bolts to fix to. Looks like a visit to my mates house and borrow his cover off his mt09 see how it fits ?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Looks really good that.
Would that loose any tourqe not having the can?

Foot rests are off a honda cbr600f f4 2000 model, I know because I have one and was considering fitting a set to reduce vibration.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'll bet the system would be better without the can...but...

Go back to the top, middle pic. It looks like the can is still there.

I think all the guy did was cut the pipe off the stock can and weld the mt 9 "pipe" to the stock can????

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Looks really good that.
Would that loose any tourqe not having the can?

Foot rests are off a honda cbr600f f4 2000 model, I know because I have one and was considering fitting a set to reduce vibration.

The cat is all the back pressure you'll ever need. Losing the can won't make a difference overall except aesthetically.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I only ask as someone on here ran without the can and said they lost tourqe

If you lost torque you'd gain top end with less back pressure. Highly unlikely to feel the difference between can vs. no can on this bike. Need a dyno graph to be sure, otherwise someone's butt dyno could be affected by a bad start.

You'll lose way more tq/hp on a very warm day vs. a cool day.

·
Registered
538 Posts
If you lost torque you'd gain top end with less back pressure. Highly unlikely to feel the difference between can vs. no can on this bike. Need a dyno graph to be sure, otherwise someone's butt dyno could be affected by a bad start.

You'll lose way more tq/hp on a very warm day vs. a cool day.
Only if the ecu can cope with the lack of back pressure and be able to add the extra fuel

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Only if the ecu can cope with the lack of back pressure and be able to add the extra fuel

ECUs can generally handle one minor mod and change the fueling parameters for it, otherwise everyone would be running super rich as soon as their stock air filter started getting clogged up. Running a slip-on generally does nothing, however. Companies will take the absolute worst stock dyno chart and pair it up with their absolute best dyno chart using their product and claim so many HP increase.

If you put a full catless system on our bikes, the wheel horsepower goes from low 140s to around 110 without an ECU flash/piggyback fueling system. But that's a major mod.

When I get my bike dyno'ed down the line I'll make sure to do a run without the can and with the can if I still have the stock system on my bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts