GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how many on here listen to music while riding, i do most of the time, now i know a lot say it is dangerous but when your pushing on i cant hear much but the exhaust singing anyway but thats just me , anybody else does it or just me

·
Registered
336 Posts
I only listen to music if I'm just slabbing it on the highway (i.e. commuting). If I'm riding through the back twisties on the weekends, never.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Like Kiwi said, motorcycling is my peaceful time. I don't want to hear another humans voice until I park and take off my helmet. I wear earplugs because I know so many who gone deaf and spending my golden years with no hearing has got to be worse than dying.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Do you music listeners just put earphones in? Or are you using a BT headset? My Sena 20S has pretty poor audio quality and I've been looking at speaker replacements, but it looks like the Sena just can't output enough power to sound good.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Do you music listeners just put earphones in? Or are you using a BT headset? My Sena 20S has pretty poor audio quality and I've been looking at speaker replacements, but it looks like the Sena just can't output enough power to sound good.
I just got the 20S, part of my motivation was reviews saying it had "HD audio." Makes me wonder what the **** they've been listening to music with, soup cans? I ripped apart a set of Sony headphones and installed them instead, but I think you're right about the power. The new ones sound great at low volume, right **** with any kind of real draw. I tried plugging some ear buds, and they could handle higher volume, but even then, definite drop in quality.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I just got the 20S, part of my motivation was reviews saying it had "HD audio." Makes me wonder what the **** they've been listening to music with, soup cans? I ripped apart a set of Sony headphones and installed them instead, but I think you're right about the power. The new ones sound great at low volume, right **** with any kind of real draw. I tried plugging some ear buds, and they could handle higher volume, but even then, definite drop in quality.
That's too bad. One tip for you from my experience: it helps tremendously to keep my phone's bluetooth volume a couple notches below max. At max it sounds absolutely horrid, and only a little horrid at -2 clicks. Then just turn it up a bit on the Sena itself.

·
Registered
541 Posts
That's too bad. One tip for you from my experience: it helps tremendously to keep my phone's bluetooth volume a couple notches below max. At max it sounds absolutely horrid, and only a little horrid at -2 clicks. Then just turn it up a bit on the Sena itself.
Wow, that actually made quite a difference! Now just sounds washed out when crescendos peak, instead of static and tearing. Not great, but definitely within the realm of an enjoyable experience now.

-Jaren

·
Registered
336 Posts
I use earbuds. I must say I'm not an Apple fan...but those new headphones, they dole out with the phone, sound pretty good.

·
Registered
437 Posts
If im pressing on then the music goes off but touring around I like listening to music not sure what the cagers think when they see me tapping my heels against the heel guards in time to the music but do i give a toss.........No.
I have the AGVOICE kit fitted to my helmet and it sounds ok, strangely better with ear plugs in than out.

Reactions: lumberjack

·
Registered
451 Posts
I like the ear buds, too. Id be wearing earplugs, anyway.

As far as dangerous, I dont know. I see both sides, but I dont find it as distracting as wind noise. I fi listen to wodn noise,

Also, if its peaceful, quiet, and soft.. I'll get bored and start daydreaming.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Bit of an update. I had a mic issue with my 20S, got the warranty replacement in, and the output quality is much much better. Now, when I plug headphones in to the unit, audio through them sounds just as good as plugging them directly into my phone. Gonna try to talk my dad into getting one now.

·
Registered
204 Posts
music is on for long trips touring that kind of thing as it helps me to keep up concentration levels.
Commuting in traffic music is off
for the times i might want to go slightly faster (never breaking the speed limit honest officer) music would be off

most of the time i am chatting to my friends as we ride via intercom so no need for music.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Bit of an update. I had a mic issue with my 20S, got the warranty replacement in, and the output quality is much much better. Now, when I plug headphones in to the unit, audio through them sounds just as good as plugging them directly into my phone. Gonna try to talk my dad into getting one now.
Thanks for the info... Might talk to Sena about mine as well.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have used an around the neck bluetooth set up with earbuds for the last few years. Its worth getting one with quality sound and flexible construction, as ive snapped one of the rigid construction pairs in half on accident while riding before. I have found about $100US is a good price point. For me this has been a great set up, but i don't use the mic while riding, so its only for music and directions when needed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts