GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2016 gsxs 1000 used from a dealer about a year ago. All the paperwork says the bike is the ABS equipped model, but after locking up my rear wheel and doing some research, I discovered it is in fact not ABS equipped. There is no decal or sticker on the fender, there is no ABS indicator on my dashboard, and my fuse box has no fuse slot or diagram for the ABS fuse.

I'm going to go to the dealership tomorrow to see if anything can be done, but I fear they won't do anything for me because of how long I had the bike before noticing their mistake.

Does anyone have any advice? Is there anything I can do?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I bought my 2016 gsxs 1000 used from a dealer about a year ago. All the paperwork says the bike is the ABS equipped model, but after locking up my rear wheel and doing some research, I discovered it is in fact not ABS equipped. There is no decal or sticker on the fender, there is no ABS indicator on my dashboard, and my fuse box has no fuse slot or diagram for the ABS fuse.

I'm going to go to the dealership tomorrow to see if anything can be done, but I fear they won't do anything for me because of how long I had the bike before noticing their mistake.

Does anyone have any advice? Is there anything I can do?

Thank you in advance.
Sorry , don't think you will have any luck but you are not the first its happened to, Dealers look at the speed sensor rings and assume the bike has ABS but the speed sensors are there for Speedometer and TC too.

In the past with no TC and gearbox take offs for the speedo if the bike had speed sensor rings it had ABS, its just a case of the dealer not being upto date on modern bike techonology

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have the same thing happened to me when I was shopping for my first gsx. The one I was interested in was listed as ABS and it was clearly not. I pointed it out to the dealer and when he cheked The paperwork it was listed as ABS all the way back to the invoice on the crate....before the dealer even saw the bike. This mistake was created in Japan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
The only thing you can do is report all of your findings with paper work to your dealer and Suzuki. Maybe just maybe they will give you back the price difference between ABS and non ABS. But the bike you own is yours.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
We've got a bit of legislation in the UK where that might come under the Mis-sale of goods Act.
I don't know where you are from but at very least you should be asking for the difference in price or maybe a very good deal on some servicing or new equipment. It might be worth it to them just to not have the bad press.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Unfortunately, this seems to be a common problem on the 2016 bikes. It happened to me, and I was lucky enough that the dealer let me return the bike. I ended up buying the bike I wanted from another dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I very seriously doubt they will do anything. The bike was used and it's a year down the road.
Good luck though

·
Registered
194 Posts
My Suzuki mechanic told me that unless the hydraulic oils are changed regularly the ABS can sh*t itself and it costs $3K here in Australia to get a new one, so he said most punters opt to have it taken out of the sytem, so maybe you are lucky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts