GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
As do I my friend. Very strange times we are living in, some day things will get back to normal. Nice weather, I’m jealous. I don’t feel so bad now knowing you ordered yours in October, I placed my original order and deposit just after the first of the year, bike arrived last Friday, however it is not in my garage, that is another story, lets just say money and greed makes people do things they wouldn’t normally do.

·
Registered
304 Posts
As do I my friend. Very strange times we are living in, some day things will get back to normal. Nice weather, I’m jealous. I don’t feel so bad now knowing you ordered yours in October, I placed my original order and deposit just after the first of the year, bike arrived last Friday, however it is not in my garage, that is another story, lets just say money and greed makes people do things they wouldn’t normally do.
If you could share that story, it might help someone else avoid whatever situation caused it. Just curious, but if you don't want to...no worries. Thanks.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Still no bike so it'll be tuesday of next week at the soonest. Don't think shippers deliver on saturdays and the dealership is closed on mondays which means no deliveries. Sucks I felt for sure it would be here today given a weds ship date. Must be coming by horse and wagon.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
My bike is at the dealership, still in the crate. Arrived late late Friday. They’re getting it assembled today but weather is crap so I’ll pick it up Tuesday.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Gonna be a long 4 days! Congratulations, though...expecting full ride review by mid-week next week!
Lol yea but it’s been a long 7 months. I won’t get much seat time my job is crazy busy right now all of a sudden. I had a vacation ride planned week after next and my off time has been on the books since January. I was told that was canceled unless I retire early or up and quit. They just don’t know how fed up I am lately with work so the first part could happen push come to shove. I work from home so I really have no where to ride to daily.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
No panniers in sight as far I know now. They’re still looking for them. Hope they didn’t order a GT instead. I could not have been more clear about this all along.

Anyway this is how it sits now with a peek inside. Notice on box build month March 2022 and vin ending in 280.
Font Rectangle Gas Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Helmet Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
487 Posts
Called my dealer, my bike has shipped. Not sure what that means, is it on a ship somewhere on the Pacific ocean, or is it already in Canada? He has no idea when it will arrive. Also said that the panniers ship separately so they may or may not arrive when the bike does. And then when it arrives it'll still take them a few more days to assemble it as they are really busy.

Also, they raised the price by a few hundred dollars. Apparently Suzuki is charging more for shipping and the dealer is passing the cost on to the customer. I tried to argue that I already signed the deal last year, but he says that was just to reserve the bike and did not guarantee the price wouldn't change.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I work from home so I really have no where to ride to daily.
I feel that pain. Sometimes I wish I had a commute again just to give me an excuse to ride. I've been remote for the last decade now so it's nothing new to me. I am a good 20 years away from any retirement though. Combine that with the circus that is having 3 kids, ages 8, 6, & 3, and chances to go riding are way too far and few between. It feels especially hard for me because I live where the weather is almost always perfect for riding - San Diego area. To boot, my home office is in my garage, so the bike is staring at me all day, taunting me!

CONGRATS on the arrival, Roy! That peek is quite the teaser. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more from you on your new wheels.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Sales manager told me he’s dropping the freight fee and setup fees. Mentioned $13100 before doc fee and taxes. I’m more peeved about NO panniers at this point. I may withhold payment until the rest of the bike I ordered finally shows up. I did purchase the over priced heated grips from them this morning.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Looks like things are starting to heat up, with bikes arriving. Wonder when I'll hear from my dealer?

You young guys that are still working...I feel for you. I can't tell you how nice being retired is...especially with the entrance to the twisties just 5 minutes outside my door...twisties that go for hundreds of miles in the mountains. Riding early in the week during the season is total joy...no traffic, or at least minimal (I've gone miles and miles without seeing any other vehicles). This GT, when it arrives, will live its life on those mountain roads...no highway miles, no in-town miles (except for trips to the dealer for service), so it should be a happy bike!

Can't wait to hear ride reports from you guys that are getting your bikes now!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I am not far from retiring. I could right now at 59 but I enjoy the work I do if left alone which has been good the past two years at home. However the climate is changing towards up telecommute types by the managers that chose to go back into the office daily. Mostly because they do not want to be at home. Honestly we don’t need managers anymore everyone knows their job and we do it. Their expectations towards us telecommute types is we are available 24/7 that’s not the case I turn off my company apps on my phone after quitting time daily and on weekends if I don’t fools with no life but work will be sending crap all hours of the night. Once you see that your technically working even if you tell yourself I’ll deal with it I’m the morning. It can’t get be unseen. So I’m riding it out now until I’ve had enough. They need me more than I need them at this point. I’ve worked there for 30 years I’m ready to go enjoy the rest of my life while I’m physically able to.

·
Registered
197 Posts
No panniers in sight as far I know now. They’re still looking for them. Hope they didn’t order a GT instead. I could not have been more clear about this all along.

Anyway this is how it sits now with a peek inside. Notice on box build month March 2022 and vin ending in 280. View attachment 48311 View attachment 48312
At least the bike is there and you have seen it in the crate. As for the panniers, I can confirm Suzuki Australia has all their panniers on back order. I hope that is not the case there but it just may well be. Love the Sparkling Black I would imagine it will look better in the sun and out of the packing creat. Am I seeing things or has the side been rubbing against something? I hope I am just imagining that.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Called my dealer, my bike has shipped. Not sure what that means, is it on a ship somewhere on the Pacific ocean, or is it already in Canada? He has no idea when it will arrive. Also said that the panniers ship separately so they may or may not arrive when the bike does. And then when it arrives it'll still take them a few more days to assemble it as they are really busy.

Also, they raised the price by a few hundred dollars. Apparently Suzuki is charging more for shipping and the dealer is passing the cost on to the customer. I tried to argue that I already signed the deal last year, but he says that was just to reserve the bike and did not guarantee the price wouldn't change.

The extra freight cost is worldwide due to the Russian war pushing up fuel costs and then the add on is transport companies need to cover their cost along with everyone else. Regardless if you sign a contract or not there would be a clause that covers unseen add on expenses. I never read the small print but I feel for you as we all will cop similar things as the world is so crazy with everything from labour shortages and so on. We have a lot to thank Covid for as it seems to be the one thing that is the common denominator or excuse to justify these things.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts