GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I also put a rubber mount washer on the outside of the rear can mounting bolt. I also made rubber washers/inserts and mounted them between the footrests and the main frame.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think i’ll stick with my Black widow headers , looks like they were easier to fit in order to get rid of the cat and the turkey tray....
I suppose being in the UK i’m lucky regarding emissions etc.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Is it possible to install one of these "decat" pipes but retain the cat?
Yes, it can be done, but the cat will not be too effective anymore, part of the CAT is inside the turkey tray and it must be cut about 95mm from the valve towards the turkey tray to separate the 2 part CAT (one part inside the turkey tray and one part inside the pipe towards the valve). If you remove the turkey tray, the bike will be louder since the turkey tray is the "silencer".

I really just want to lose the turkey tray but retain the cat if possible.
If you do that, the bike will be left with half of the CAT and will be louder and it may need an ECU flash, because it runs very rough after cutting the turkey tray.
The whole idea or purpose of the "decat pipe" or "denominator pipe" is to remove the CAT.

Why don't you want to remove the CAT?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I think i’ll stick with my Black widow headers , looks like they were easier to fit in order to get rid of the cat and the turkey tray....
I suppose being in the UK i’m lucky regarding emissions etc.
I thought the samething, after doing all that work why not install an after market header, right? I was going to install the M4 but since it was too much money to justify, I just went with the denominator pipe for under $250 including the ECU flash. I just want the bike to be as loud as possible as a Harley-Davidson and smoothing the throttle.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well, I have an update for all you guys:
I got today 8/6/20 my ECU back from Dano's, I put everything back, I went for a test ride and boy, let me tell you, this bike is another animal now. Throttle is smooth like butter and super powerful, noise is mean and scary for the cars :LOL:
I had a jet 747 and now I have a F16 in my mind.:p I get lots more smiles now.
I'm over joyed with this bike:D

21 - 26 of 26 Posts