GSXS 1000 Forum banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

Registered
As pointed out by someone else if you hang on too tight you can induce a wobble, tight grip, tense forearms trying to hang on at that speed. A more relaxed grip will eliminate the human factor. Also very good advice on here setting sag for your weight. I have never had the wobble since over a variety of bikes.

Registered
The stock shock is a POS. It a very cheap shock with serious damping issues. It bounced me around quite a bit if the pavement was less than perfect. It likely costs Suzuki about $50. My new K-tech shock is a picture of control and stability in comparison. Your friend doesn't know what he is talking about. The problem was already identified John. You had WAY too much preload in your fork.

Registered
2016 f
For your info though, I have been researching this problem for months, I almost kill myself and you open your mouth thinking that I have not done nothing to solve this mystery? I have been working with the dealer to find out the cause of this problem and some people here have suggested solutions and still I have not come to a conclusion, but you have the answer?

Yes, the K-Tech rear shock is for my weight, yes the proper settings were made to the shock, the bike was checked by the dealer to make sure if something was not wrong with the bike and nothing was found bad.

Why you bother to reply to my post if you have not gone more than 140 MPH plus? Didn't you understand my question?
What does a Ferrari have to do with a motorcycle?
Do me a favor, try to do 160 MPH or whatever your bike max out and come here to tell me if your did not have the wobble, would you?
ive found even with correct settings and riding correctly.....all it takes is hitting the right combination of bumps, surface deviations to induce a "wobble".....you survived so just get over it, **** happens mate, if you cant handle a "death wobble" at said speed... dont ride fast... as it could happen, **** you might head into a corner and find a tree down across the road, fuel spilt etc etc, thats just life and the risks you take as a motorcyclist, if you cant accept that...buy a hi spec crashable car

Registered
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
The stock shock is a POS. It a very cheap shock with serious damping issues. It bounced me around quite a bit if the pavement was less than perfect. It likely costs Suzuki about $50.
I agree 100%.
My new K-tech shock is a picture of control and stability in comparison.
That was the idea when getting a better performance shock.
Your friend doesn't know what he is talking about.
Every experienced rider believes they know one or two things about motorcycles.
The problem was already identified John. You had WAY too much preload in your fork.
I don't underestimate the fact that the forks needed some fine tuning, but what really surprise me is the fact that before replacing the POS OEM shock the bike never gave me such a horrible behavior on same roads same high speeds or even faster and the forks settings were not touched.

Since you know it all about suspension, explain to me in detail why I got the wobble with the K-Tech shock, but not with the OEM?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
ive found even with correct settings and riding correctly.....all it takes is hitting the right combination of bumps, surface deviations to induce a "wobble".....you survived so just get over it, ** happens mate, if you cant handle a "death wobble" at said speed... dont ride fast... as it could happen, ** you might head into a corner and find a tree down across the road, fuel spilt etc etc, thats just life and the risks you take as a motorcyclist, if you cant accept that...buy a hi spec crashable car
In a straight line, one should be able to reach max speed in a well made bike, not excuses. I have max out my Honda CB500 about 117 ~ 120 MPH with no problems at all, same thing with my Z650 I have pushed it to about 130 MPH no problem. I look very good and several times before I turn and make sure than I don't ride in dangerous roads.

Driving a car in Los Angeles is more dangerous than ridding a bike. :p

81 - 87 of 87 Posts