GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stuck working remotely at the moment and will have to quarantine when I return home so I've started a shopping list of goodies for when I can get back on two wheels:

Bagster Ready Luxe Seat - Can't get any feedback on this but looks sweet in reviews.
MRA racing screen - Still not convinced I'll like the look of any screen on my naked but happy to give it a crack.
T-rex crash protection kit - The works, front&rear sliders, case covers, bar ends etc.
TransLogic QS - Looking forward to this bad boy on the track.
NEP CC-4 cruise control - cheapie for long distance trips.
SW motech blaze saddlebags - I like that the paniers clip off these so it doesn´t look terrible when not in use.

What ya's reckon?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Best bang for buck upgrade in the universe. Nep CC-4. I love giving my throttle hand a break, and on the freeway I can tuck in and steer from the sloping part of the bars with my elbows resting on the tank. And more importantly, on the way to the store, I can switch it on to make sure my wallet is still in my pocket. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha great to hear. I did a couple of longer trips recently that left me wanting something like this.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great use of time. I started making parts. Can't help you with parts to buy because everyone likes different things. But fitting stuff is fun. (sorry as per normal, no real help to anyone;))

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ordered a Bagster Bench Ready Luxe (Diva) seat for my girlfriend's 2014 Z1000, out of the many seats we tried (Corbin, KonTour, professionally re-worked stock seat, our own try at re-working the stock seat) the Bagster is the most comfortable for her.

I should say that the Corbin wasn't uncomfortable, but it raised her up too much and was constantly pushing her into the tank. Not that it would be the same for a GSX-S.

Reactions: mnschwarz

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered a Bagster Bench Ready Luxe (Diva) seat for my girlfriend's 2014 Z1000, out of the many seats we tried (Corbin, KonTour, professionally re-worked stock seat, our own try at re-working the stock seat) the Bagster is the most comfortable for her.

I should say that the Corbin wasn't uncomfortable, but it raised her up too much and was constantly pushing her into the tank. Not that it would be the same for a GSX-S.
Nice. I've gone ahead and ordered my bagster now. Looking forward to seeing how it compares in a few weeks time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did you get the gel, or just Bultex foam?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just the Bultex foam. I went back n forth between them for a while but they reckon the Bultex is better comfort in general and the Gel is more for reducing vibrations over long distances.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I originally got the Bultex foam and just got the exact same seat with gel. She hasn't had any seat time on the gel seat yet, so don't have any comparison info.

Reactions: mnschwarz

·
Registered
53 Posts
.... Looking forward to seeing how it compares in a few weeks time.
Please post a review after you get an impression of it. Not real happy with my Saddlemen. I know many on here seem to like but just not much better than stock so looking for options.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice. Would love to hear ya thoughts after some seat time.
We rode about 85 miles last weekend, was in the mid 60's and on the verge of being too cool for summer gear. When we got back, she said her butt was sore. I went to sit on her bike and immediately felt the coldness of the gel coming through my pants. So it's likely that the gel was a bit more stiff/firm due to the cooler temps. So you might be better off with just the Bultex foam if you want a more consistent feel regardless of temperature.

Reactions: gritty

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We rode about 85 miles last weekend, was in the mid 60's and on the verge of being too cool for summer gear. When we got back, she said her butt was sore. I went to sit on her bike and immediately felt the coldness of the gel coming through my pants. So it's likely that the gel was a bit more stiff/firm due to the cooler temps. So you might be better off with just the Bultex foam if you want a more consistent feel regardless of temperature.
That's great info and something I certainly would not have considered!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts