GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I just checked my '18 F and I don't see it - not just hanging out like that. Everything else in your photo I can account for.

Are you experiencing any issues, electrical or otherwise?

Did you buy this bike new or used? If the latter, perhaps the previous owner could reveal something?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I would test it to see if it's always hot or if it comes on with the ignition, etc. Out of curiosity I'd follow the line to see where it originates from. You just might have some kind of accessory plug. It looks like a common connector, I just don't know which one.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I've got the same connector looks like a black single wire. couldn't check it my as multi-meter has flat battery and blown fuse - poked it somewhere I shouldn't have!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have the same one on my '18 - but it is connected. I would suggest it is either tail light, brake light or a turn signal. Check all your lights and you should find the issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its a 2017 model and the connector is live and defo no female end to plug into, bizzare that its just hanging there, thought dealer mode switch plug looked bigger this is like a turn signal wire, buf everything works.

·
Registered
24 Posts
so this connector has nothing to do with turn signals or license plate light. it might be a ground wire for diagnostic hardware... no clue :/

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts