GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know where have you guys mounted the 12V lighter socket if you have installed one ?

I want to mount one but somewhere not really visible

·
Registered
76 Posts
I put mine on the handle bars, but then mover it behind the head light to keep it away from the weather.
Make sure you do it off an ignition live.
One of my friends connected it to the battery and it was dead flat in 3 weeks.
That's the usb adaptor.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have just bought one of these that I am going to mount under the pillion seat , I was going to mount it at the front but it looked a little bit big for my tastes.I will then run a usb extension up to the front to power my sat nav. I will have to water proof the end of the extension near the front it in some way but I have already thought of some Ideas on this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400908365904?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252292804830?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
Registered
437 Posts
I use the usb adaptor that plugs into my optimate lead then either leave it under pillion seat or bring it into a bag mounted on the pillion seat

·
Registered
279 Posts
I mounted one under the screen and took the power from a spare outlet in the headlight
Good info! So there is a spare switched 12V power source in the headlight?
Nice, because I want to hook up a radar detector. And I want it to go off when the ignition is turned off.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not got a picture of the outlet but on mine its a small white connector in the headlight that has nothing plugged into it and it is switched with the ignition, but I also put an inline fuse in with the socket
That feed should be used to activate a relay rather than feed an outlet. The outlet should be with wire of a size suitable for the current of the appliance, fused, and if the outlet is a 12V car/cigarette socket there is a risk of high current draw off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't have the GSX-S1000 (yet!) but on my GSXR600 I mounted it under the back seat and then ran a wire up front to the handlebars for my camera and cellphone. I am not sure whether or not I'll do it that way when I get this bike.

·
Registered
974 Posts
My V-Strom has a switched power connector behind the headlights to the right. It's good for GPS or aux lights. I looked for one on the GSXS but must have missed it.
I thought I read here somewhere there is one around the headlight area for the heated grips

·
Registered
299 Posts
I only have USB under my passenger seat. I ran a USB line under my tank up to my bars to power my Garmin. Everything seems to work equally as well with a USB port. I use USB because Battery Tender makes a USB port that plugs right into their charging connector that's connected to the battery.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anybody else? So i should not wire it to the battery?

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts