GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Gixis-ers, If you were King, Grand Ruler etc, name top three items, issues, features you would change on our beloved Gixis.

I'll give it a go:
1. Cruise control would be Standard (as a side benefit in so doing, the throttle tension would be reduced to equal a water-boxer era BMW 1200 GS).
2. Quick shifter for upshifts is standard. An autoblip up and down shift feature would be factory option for a minor add (say $250 max).
3. Saddle bags mounts are standard and invisible on bike. Saddlebags are a factory option at an attractive price ($400 to $500 max?).

Later...

·
Registered
539 Posts
1 and 2. **** EPA bullshit, a motorcycle is, by nature, way more fuel efficient than a car, should be expecting by default. This would solve snatchy throttle and uneven power distribution, so I'm calling it two things.

3. Luggage.

Really, those are the only things I don't love about it. Oh, and, I'm not thrilled about the aesthetics of the F, looks like a happy, pudgy praying mantis from the front.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The only thing I'd do would be redesign the way the fairing comes off on the 'F' as it looks like a right faff. Should have been made so the lowers come off much easier imo.

·
Registered
278 Posts
1) I agree 100% with the above, the fairings should be easier to remove for oil changes and such. I hate dealing with those annoying clips. Or at least make it possible to replace the oil filter without removing the fairings.

2) I wish it had the engine temp listed as a number instead of just a bar. Not a big deal but I'm used to seeing an exact number.

3) Would be nice if it had an ambient temperature gauge. I recently demoed a bike that had it, can't remember which bike it was, might have been the NC700x. A compass would be nice too.

Other than that I can't really think of much else to wish for. I guess the ability to run on regular gas instead of premium would be nice, but then I guess it wouldn't make as much power.

I have to disagree with some of the stuff mentioned earlier like cruise, quick shifter, etc. If they included that from the factory then the bike would have been more expensive. I like the way the GSXS is a no-frills, light sporty tourer. It's cheaper, lighter, easier to work on, less stuff that can break down, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
when i said the mirrors i just mean they are kinda ugly. function is ok. and the seat..... it looks nice but just isn't comfortable on long rides compared to my zx14

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
My three would be:

1) Decent front brake pads

2) A rear mudguard or hugger which works

3) Quality shock on the rear

if I could have a cheeky 4 I would also have a fender extender on the front or make the original longer;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would have liked some decent luggage mount options as well. Perhaps a broader, flatter passenger seat... but I understand that's not today's style.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1. More updated led headlight like the Kawi Z1000

2. Gel seat for long distance

3. Gearing, I would lower one tooth front sprocket and maybe add 2 in the rear for more usable power

That is my first post here, so hello everyone as a less formal introduction.

·
Registered
974 Posts
1. Make the tail of the bike just a tad bit longer both for looks and for pillion comfort.

2. The exhaust should have been in 2 sections with a clamp after the headers like most bikes so it can easily be replaced and modified without having to remove the headers

3. Ok give us another 50 ponies just for fun

But this is nit picking by me as firstly I hardly ever have a pilliIon, secondly the exhaust is still fine stock not the most difficult job to do to upgrade and lastly it has enough power now and more would just me into more trouble

All in all I love this bike ;)

Nick

1 - 20 of 30 Posts