GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of removing my suspension to send it off to Race Tech. I can't for the life of me get the rear shock out. Has anyone done this before or can someone screen shot the procedure from the manual? Any help would be much appreciated.

Jeff

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much. Exactly what I thought and didn't want to do. The exhaust has to come off. Guess that means full exhaust and suspension all at once.

Thanks again. Much appreciated

Reactions: lee711

·
Registered
865 Posts
Thank you very much. Exactly what I thought and didn't want to do. The exhaust has to come off. Guess that means full exhaust and suspension all at once.

You might consider a full service manual. They are invaluable. I don't turn a screw without consulting mine.

·
Registered
108 Posts

Hi, I changed me shick without removing the exhaust ? I just took out the bolt that goes through the cat , took out the back wheel and bobs your uncle ! I, sure it's on gear how to remove the shock somewhere ....

·
Registered
394 Posts
Jeff, how did the Racetech suspension stuff turn out? I talked to them today and have an appointment to head down there next Friday. I can't decide if I should do the forks or not. I didn't get much info from them other than they've done a GSX-S already and have the valves, springs, and parts to rebuild everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts