GSXS 1000 Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

Registered
@871JZ Have you talked yourself out of further modifying your Akrapovic slip-on yet? ;)
Unfortunately, I haven't! 馃ぃ

It's currently with my welder as we speak. He's going to test the inlet pipe just to confirm it isn't titanium before cutting it off and attempting to weld on it. If it's stainless as yours was, then he's going to modify it for me. I provided him with a small section of the correct size stainless exhaust tubing, so we'll see.

Just to confirm once again, your guy said the inlet on yours was in fact stainless and not titanium, correct? And he didn't have any trouble welding a stainless piece to it?

Registered
Just to confirm once again, your guy said the inlet on yours was in fact stainless and not titanium, correct? And he didn't have any trouble welding a stainless piece to it?
Absolutely confirmed that the inlet piping is stainless and he had no issues welding to it...

Registered
Absolutely confirmed that the inlet piping is stainless and he had no issues welding to it...
Awesome. I'm sure they're all that way. I appreciate the information. I guess I couldn't just leave well enough alone. You know how it is when you want something done the way you want it done. It can be a pain being so anal about stuff. Lol

Registered
I guess I couldn't just leave well enough alone. You know how it is when you want something done the way you want it done. It can be a pain being so anal about stuff. Lol
That makes two of us...explains why I ended-up ordering the actual clamp from Akrapovic when I had two other ones that would have been just fine and not seen by anyone or why the stupid little anodized insert that had turned 'purplish' in the fourth picture above is now at the powdercoater getting done in 'Suzuki Frame Black'.

OCD much?

Registered
That makes two of us...explains why I ended-up ordering the actual clamp from Akrapovic when I had two other ones that would have been just fine and not seen by anyone or why the stupid little anodized insert that had turned 'purplish' in the fourth picture above is now at the powdercoater getting done in 'Suzuki Frame Black'.

OCD much?
At least I'm not the only one bothered by that faded black anodizing! It stands out each time I look at that picture. 馃ぃ

Registered
At least I'm not the only one bothered by that faded black anodizing! It stands out each time I look at that picture. 馃ぃ
Oh no. First I tried to ignore and that didn't work as my eyes were drawn to it each time, then I decided I'd just rattle can it with Krylon Satin Black, which is a pretty good match for Suzuki's black on their frames, and it obviously had something on it because it fish-eyed on me, so I stripped the anodizing with Easy-Off and was going to spray it again when I just decided to stop messing around and get it PC'ed. It was a long, winding road of over-the-top obsession and ridiculous compulsion but it will be done right...finally.

Registered
Oh no. First I tried to ignore and that didn't work as my eyes were drawn to it each time, then I decided I'd just rattle can it with Krylon Satin Black, which is a pretty good match for Suzuki's black on their frames, and it obviously had something on it because it fish-eyed on me, so I stripped the anodizing with Easy-Off and was going to spray it again when I just decided to stop messing around and get it PC'ed. It was a long, winding road of over-the-top obsession and ridiculous compulsion but it will be done right...finally.
Trust me, I understand. 馃

61 - 69 of 69 Posts