GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I just got the tail bag in from SWmotech. I got it installed and all but im.not too convinced about the fit of it on our bikes. I like that it can fit a lot of stuff and my intention for its usage is if I was going camping etc. but it seems as though it does not fit too well...it sags on the sides and it does not seem to be as symmetrical as the tank bag I got from them.

I'm sure there are plenty of alternatives out there and I already heard the great things a out the q bag. Would it just be better to get a smaller bag (like the q) and supplement with a backpack for longer (few days) trips?

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
I've been looking pretty seriously at the Ventura system, has 24L panniers and lots of options for top bags. You can get a 32L hard case or pair two soft bags ranging from 15-51L; also leaves plenty of options for strapping down things that won't fit in the case.

·
Registered
387 Posts
It's only my opinion but I've never found a "universal" tail bag to be a brilliant fit
if you where going down the SWmotech route why did you not go for the Blaze panniers? I find they are very stable when fitted and quicker than a tail bag to take off and when you are not using them there are no ugly frames left on the bike

·
Registered
40 Posts
tail pack

Hey guys so I just got the tail bag in from SWmotech. I got it installed and all but im.not too convinced about the fit of it on our bikes. I like that it can fit a lot of stuff and my intention for its usage is if I was going camping etc. but it seems as though it does not fit too well...it sags on the sides and it does not seem to be as symmetrical as the tank bag I got from them.

I'm sure there are plenty of alternatives out there and I already heard the great things a out the q bag. Would it just be better to get a smaller bag (like the q) and supplement with a backpack for longer (few days) trips?
I like it but my preference would be the sports saddle bags similar to these
DriRider Sports 2 Panniers Online Motorcycle Accessories Australia - SCM

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. I wanted to stay away from saddle bags although yes the blaze system might be something I'll look into. I made a decision to return this one and go for something smaller.. the sling bag from SW. I'll try it and give you guys update if I like.

Cheers!

·
Registered
219 Posts

I went also with swmotech blaze bags and then added a smaller tail bag bcs i wanted the same bag as yours but it just didnt convinced me with closing system on top. it has no zipper so the wind can come undernith and you can have some turbulences at faster speed. on the pic you can see my solution for 7days trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have the Cortech 2.0 tail pack and it fits like it was custom made for our bikes. I've had my bike up to 120MPH for a few miles with no problem at all. Very aerodynamic.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the Cortech 2.0 tail pack and it fits like it was custom made for our bikes. I've had my bike up to 120MPH for a few miles with no problem at all. Very aerodynamic.
Can you please post a photo of it fitted on the bike.

Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
I originally got the same Cortech 2.0 bag before getting the Blaze panniers. Cool thing about the tail bag is that the two sides are zippered and you can make the thing much wider (wide enough to fit a 15" laptop).

For more info.... Cortech Super 2.0 Tail Bag - RevZilla

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the Q for afternoon jaunts and went with the Nelson-Rigg CL-1060-S. Still only good for a day or maybe an over night but fits great and looks decent. I plan to grab the Sw-motech blaze bags for longer trips.

Attachments

Reactions: MichaelC

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just have expandable Oxford throwover bags - no frames required. Ok for a few days away in conjunction with a yachting dry bag which I can bungee to the rear seat.

I try and avoid high rear luggage, especially those with hard cases. Some bikes are more prone to tankslappers with them on under certain conditions and whilst there's no suggestion that the Suzuki is in that category, I prefer to keep the centre of gravity low. I had two tankslappers on my Blackbird with high luggage which I wouldn't wish on anyone!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I exchanged for the sw motech slipstream tail bag..Happy as **** guys. Fits veryour nice. Exactly what I needed ....also added a 12v outlet with USB plug :) unfortunately though when I was removing the two top plastic panels I nicked the tank cover on each of the sides. I'm super pissed. That fist scratch hurts the most. Not really visible but bothering the crap out of me. Need to get some touch up.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
If your going to do that you mite as well do this !

I have considered it! But I've ordered the saddle bags. Prefer that setup for now.

Are those stock mirrors?? They are way different than my stockers! :/

That tank cover is nifty too, nothing like that I've seen over here.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Those are stock mirrors for the'F'

·
Registered
42 Posts
Those are stock mirrors for the'F'
Not over here it isn't. They have the same mirrors on both 2016 models here in Canada...and they ain't great.
Here's a pic from Suzuki Canada...

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have considered it! But I've ordered the saddle bags. Prefer that setup for now.

Are those stock mirrors?? They are way different than my stockers! :/

That tank cover is nifty too, nothing like that I've seen over here.
Yeah stick mirrors in the uk, I have added mirror extensions though as I could only see me elbow ...
Tank cover is bagster/baglux . The are made in Italy and sold from decent bike shops in the uk you can attach one of there many tank bags to them. I'm sure if you did a net search for them you find a supplier .

1 - 20 of 25 Posts