GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of action at the moment, herniated lumbar disc 馃槚

None of my friends are riders and it鈥檚 one of the main reasons it put me off getting a bike for a time, but had the bike a year now and I ain鈥檛 getting any younger at 35 lol.
I鈥檓 from south Staffordshire /West Midlands uk, I still haven鈥檛 found anyone nearby to meet up with for rides, so if anyone is close by and wants to meet up in the future for rides then I鈥檇 appreciate the charity 馃槀 馃

Registered
Mate your old lol
I mainly ride by myself as the dudes I used to ride with have young kids so there is always somthing going on and now in Australia we are in stupid scam lock down till believe it or not October!
Where I live we have never even had a case but yep to bad we have to just suck it up.馃憖

Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
I am in Stafford but I am more than twice your age so it might affect your image to be seen out with me. :) However I can cross the road on my own and still remember where I live. So if you think you can keep up give me a PM when you're ready to ride.;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mate your old lol
I mainly ride by myself as the dudes I used to ride with have young kids so there is always somthing going on and now in Australia we are in stupid scam lock down till believe it or not October!
Where I live we have never even had a case but yep to bad we have to just suck it up.馃憖
Old 馃槀 kiss my ring 馃槀馃槀馃槀

mate I feel for you big time! Australia tyranny is progressing faster then probably anywhere else 馃様 stay strong and hold the line brother 馃憡馃徎

I am in Stafford but I am more than twice your age so it might affect your image to be seen out with me. :) However I can cross the road on my own and still remember where I live. So if you think you can keep up give me a PM when you're ready to ride.;)
riding a bike like this at twice my age gains you BIG respect! I鈥檇 be honour to ride with you dekker 馃憤馃徎, soon as I鈥檓 healed up I will be in touch , hope these 20mm handlebar risers helps with the back.

Attachments

Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
Good on you, hope your back heals soon. (y)

Registered
35 and not getting younger? Oh stop. I was seven years older than you when I stopped road racing. Anyway, I'd love to get over there for a ride but getting my bike across the Atlantic is a problem.

Not to sidetrack the thread but I have to ask our Aussie friends; how restrictive is your lockdown? The way I read your post was that you can't leave your house. Zero bike riding? What are the restrictions?

Registered
35 and not getting younger? Oh stop. I was seven years older than you when I stopped road racing. Anyway, I'd love to get over there for a ride but getting my bike across the Atlantic is a problem.

Not to sidetrack the thread but I have to ask our Aussie friends; how restrictive is your lockdown? The way I read your post was that you can't leave your house. Zero bike riding? What are the restrictions?
We can leave or house as long as It's No more than 5ks.
Now my workplace says got to be vaxed by November 8 or no job.
I'm so sick this whole scamdemic.
The vaccine isn't even a vaccine!
It makes me laugh though when we are told how deadly covid is but you need a test to see if you have it really lol.

Registered
I should have said in my area we can leave the house 5k.
I'm not sure what Sydney and Victoria limits are.
But I'm not far from the QLD boarder and get this they have the frigin army patrolling it. 馃ぃ

I

Registered
Yeah, that's insane. There are radical leftists that have been elected to office here in some parts of the US that are aiming to do the same, for the most part. Yes, covid is a real thing and I can attest to it's danger. Its terrible though that it has been politicized. Hang in there.

In the meantime, I don't want to hijack Dayrider's thread. Can we find him perhaps a good chiropractor that also rides?

Registered

None of my friends are riders and it鈥檚 one of the main reasons it put me off getting a bike for a time, but had the bike a year now and I ain鈥檛 getting any younger at 35 lol.
I鈥檓 from south Staffordshire /West Midlands uk, I still haven鈥檛 found anyone nearby to meet up with for rides, so if anyone is close by and wants to meet up in the future for rides then I鈥檇 appreciate the charity 馃槀 馃
I had a similar issue until i saw a local group on facebook (it does have its uses) we now have a group of around 15 who goes for ride outs based in South Derbyshire. Maybe see if there is anything local to you on social media.Age is not an issue we are all 50+ so keep riding.

Registered

Hi there am from South Yorkshire not to sure how far away you are but could meet up some time for a ride theres a few of us like I've just bought my first bike also a phantom lol 馃槅 have you modified anything on yours

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi there am from South Yorkshire not to sure how far away you are but could meet up some time for a ride theres a few of us like I've just bought my first bike also a phantom lol 馃槅 have you modified anything on yours
Hi JJ81
That鈥檚 only like 100miles away so not too bad.

Yeah I鈥檝e changed my indicators to Oxford nightriders, rewired the spare plug behind the headlight so it charge my TomTom rider 550 and my iPhone with the wireless quad lock, and just end bar mirrors and lithium battery oh and just bought some 20mm risers for the handle bars which I will fit today 馃憤馃徎 think that鈥檚 it atm, I will be booking in with P3Tuning at some point to get a custom ecu map so I can take the booster plug off that came with the bike.

Are you on Instagram ? My bike insta is:

Or just search: gsxs1000uk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts