GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
The cover for the Kanuter valve? I hear they rust up if exposed to water. ;)

·
Registered
987 Posts
Seriously though, are you sure it came off the bike?

·
Registered
987 Posts
See the dimensions in the photo. I'm more familiar with inches, but that looks too large for a brake bleeder, and not the right shape.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I think the scale is deceiving - the cap is just over 1/4" in that pic.

The parts fische doesn't show a good picture of the cap, but I Googled 'Suzuki bleeder cap' and found this:

For our bike, it is "CAP, BLEEDER: P/N 59122-46H00"

There are bleeder caps on each brake caliper (2 front, 1 rear) as well as at the master cylinder.

·
Registered
987 Posts
You're right about the size - the inside opening seems to be about 5/16" diameter (worse on the metrics than I thought, ha). The shape is still not like the pic on the yellow caliper or the one you found - more short and squared off than slightly conical.

Of course, it's possible the original was lost or damaged and this was a replacement.

bigbigriver - are any of your brake bleeder caps missing on the front or rear? It would be just out of the top of the frame on the pic you posted.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You're right about the size - the inside opening seems to be about 5/16" diameter (worse on the metrics than I thought, ha). The shape is still not like the pic on the yellow caliper or the one you found - more short and squared off than slightly conical.
Good catch - and further investigation shows Suzuki has a different P/N for the caliper bleeder cap (59122-46H00) and the front master cylinder bleeder cap (59122-01A00). I don't see a bleeder cap for the rear master cylinder in the parts fische.

Although FWIW, the pic I linked had a different P/N and was from a different bike, I just wanted to see a pic for similarity.

Here is the schematic for the front master cylinder, and the drawing (#4) seems to look like the pic of the original part:
http://www.partsoutlaw.com/oemparts/a/suz/577fe1d887a86612d476e380/front-master-cylinder

1 - 14 of 14 Posts