GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So let's get one thing clear right off the bat: I did a stupid thing. I used Goof Off to remove the residue from a sticker that the dealer put on my windscreen. Sure enough, it melted the plastic. Doubt very much it would buff out. So, anyone got a stock windscreen for a 2018 bike they want to sell?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's an f. What's everyone condition and how much are you asking. PM me if you like.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I replaced my stock windshield with one of these double bubble and same size as stock. (I'm not sure if that's the seller I bought from, but they are all over the place on ebay). They work great, look great, and can be had in many different tints and colors and are CHEAP! I am currently using a black one and think it looks great.
Hey Mike, I have 2 questions (and thanks for the link!):

1) Why did you replace the stock windshield with the one in the link?

2) How tall are you (related to the next question)?

3) How does the airflow around your helmet compare between the stock windshield and the one in your link (I get some buffeting with the stock windshield)?

TIA

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Hey Mike, I have 2 questions (and thanks for the link!):

1) Why did you replace the stock windshield with the one in the link?

2) How tall are you (related to the next question)?

3) How does the airflow around your helmet compare between the stock windshield and the one in your link (I get some buffeting with the stock windshield)?

TIA
Those screens are plug and play. Just remove the 4 bolts on the original screen, put the new screen on and screw it down.
I'm 5'10". The airflow seems close to the same as stock. It seems very clean to me. The screen blocks from about the neck down. My head is in clean air.
I also went with bar end mirrors, which I think clean the air flow up a bit too.
Mine is shown in this thread - post #2.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Just remember those EBAY cheap screen's are known to suddenly crack apart with speed, sun, vibration, impact (whatever). Can be a fatal.
You won't see the safety logo's on them (unless their fakes too, of course). Sort of like the cheap Chinese mirrors, and lever's; there's a few pearls amongst the swine.

Rob.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Just remember those EBAY cheap screen's are known to suddenly crack apart with speed, sun, vibration, impact (whatever). Can be a fatal.
You won't see the safety logo's on them (unless their fakes too, of course). Sort of like the cheap Chinese mirrors, and lever's; there's a few pearls amongst the swine.

Rob.
Hey Rob, don't be a drama queen.

I've had two of them and I don't feel like my life is in jeopardy. I'm sure the disintegration process for the inferior product would take long enough to be recognized by even the least astute observer.
:laugh:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts