GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I ordered one of these myself a few days ago. When it comes in I'll try to make a video of it since this one seems dead.
If you have any problems, let me know. I've installed them on two Suzis now that with the OEM grips overmolded onto the throttle tube. That can cause some interference and be a problem.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, I've just ordered NEP CC-4, has anyone fitted this throttle lock with Oxford heated grips ?.
At the moment I have a Kaoko fitted but as someone else has mentioned you have to keep resetting it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Others of you that installed the NEP, did you have to snip these little bits of plastic off to make your throttle smooth afterwards? They seem to be fouling against the cruise control, resulting in an uneven throttle feel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks, I think I'll nip them off on the final installation to smooth the throttle out, but I'll leave them there for now to do some testing.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Nice!
In case someone is looking, you can buy the NEP CC4 here:
or

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Nice video OldGreyBeast! I might add that a little adjustment of the set screw and allowing a "tiny" bit f slop in the connection to the throttle cable tubes can make a big difference and make it engage sufficiently tight and not interfere when released. It takes a little tweaking, but once set, mine has been a much enjoyed addition. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been really happy with it so far. It's a pretty simple piece too, so I plan to make some drawings of the parts so I can 3d print replacement bits if need be (I'm planning to print a replacement for the switch itself that makes the button a little higher up to make it easier to switch on/off without changing grip position for instance). Thanks for your help with the installation and such!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts