GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I arrived at the dealership at 8:45 and by 9:30 was strutting out the door, key in hand. They had the bike all polished up and in a little presentation area for new buyers. I rather enjoyed that.

I have 160 kilometers on the bike now and will wait for the first service before I change the suspension settings, I'm letting it bed in a bit first. I like how fresh and firm everything feels but expect that a little more compliance will develop as it settles and gets some kays on it.

The motor is a gem. Pure and simple, it's excellent. I noticed the immediacy of the throttle but I feel the real issue people comment on might lie with drive train lash I felt. Keeping a well adjusted chain might help there. Regardless, I adjusted out some excess throttle play that I didn't like. The clutch and gearbox are both first class. I wish my old Tuono had felt this good after 40,000 kms!

After riding it home from the dealership I broke out the spanners and added new levers, a R&G rad guard, some race stand bobbins and ditched the passenger pegs. Next job will be the tail tidy, and then the Evotech crash protectors when they arrive.

Afterwards, I went for a ride >:D

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congrats, enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats and well done on your colour choice, looks nice in a rural setting too : - )
Black & red suit this bike to a T. I was out on a favourite bike road here in Canberra, on the way to Corin dam. Got to watch out for kangaroos though.

I did another 150 kms today. Just a light trip while I run the bike in. That suspension sure is set up firmly, I might be adjusting sooner than I thought.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Black & red suit this bike to a T. I was out on a favourite bike road here in Canberra, on the way to Corin dam. Got to watch out for kangaroos though.

I did another 150 kms today. Just a light trip while I run the bike in. That suspension sure is set up firmly, I might be adjusting sooner than I thought.
Have fun, great colour choice :D , the roads that I ride on are quite bumpy so I backed the rear preload off 1 notch, made the bike so much better.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Congrats ol lad... I'm hoping to have a nice Blue one this Tuesday... just the little problem of doing a deal I can't refuse...>:D

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't get to the tail tidy this weekend, that will really clean up the look of the bike. I did break out the bug remover though, I must have decimated an entire ecosystem from the looks of the bike and my gear. I'm being somewhat precious with the new bike. It'll wear off in a few thousand kilometers.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Very nice....congrats and have fun rides!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts