GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Very nice, I have mine too, but will wait and let dealer do it :)

Reactions: DGB65

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,458 Posts
Yeah Oxford heated grips. Got them hard wired to ignition
Just wondering did you use the "Superglue" for the grips that came with the Oxford kit?
I did with my last set and could not get them off! and had to let them go with the bike. When/if I get some more I will use the normal rubber type adhesive.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I actually used a stronger industrial high temperature epoxy glue to stick mine on. I had no intention of trying to remove them when I sold the bike, I would rather loose the £80 than worry about the grips moving on the bars (especially the throttle) lol

Looking to add some to my F too, but will try and find some decent ones with integrated controller. I quite like the Honda ones but they are ££££££ :eek:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just wondering did you use the "Superglue" for the grips that came with the Oxford kit?
I did with my last set and could not get them off! and had to let them go with the bike. When/if I get some more I will use the normal rubber type adhesive.
Dealer fitted them before I collected bike so I can't answer your question. I fitted some to another bike last year but didn't use the superglue as it dries to quickly so I bought a contact adhesive that gives you more time to adjust grips then leave overnight to fully set.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats! So far liking that combo the best.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts