GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new bike a couple of weeks ago just before I went on a European tour with my wife. Lovely bike, very impressed with it so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
RB, That's a nice bike once past the death mask headlight.
I only occurred to me a few days ago, that headlight shape derives from the 2 co joined triangles of the orange painted frame spanning the rear cylinder.
Now it doesn't offend my eye anywhere as much.
A local KTM dealer has being trying to unload the previous bike for a fair while now. Your new one has so many improvements that the older one is now a difficult sell even with a discount.

Rob.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Beautiful bike Robbieben!
So (assuming you are keeping the GSX-S)...

How will you juggle which one to ride? (I know, new always gets first priority for a while).
It looks like a killer touring machine, but I think the GSX-S would be more fun for shorter hops.

·
Registered
412 Posts

How will you juggle which one to ride? (I know, new always gets first priority for a while).
It looks like a killer touring machine, but I think the GSX-S would be more fun for shorter hops.
Well that’s a problem right there to many bikes. It’s which bike
Do I ride today and once your out there riding your thinking I wish I was riding the other bike LOL

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Well that’s a problem right there to many bikes. It’s which bike
Do I ride today and once your out there riding your thinking I wish I was riding the other bike LOL
A man can never have too many bikes :)

Sold my Kwak GTR, never got used other than touring with the wife, the KTM is more fun and only 201 Kg.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Man I wouldn't even consider riding a gtr lol...
I did own a SD990 and that bike handled really well.
Anyhow hope she continues to perform well.
The only problem I ever had with the 990 was that it liked to eat standard batteries.

·
Registered
328 Posts
My 19 GT has spent more time to the dealer workshop than in my garage....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Man I wouldn't even consider riding a gtr lol...
I did own a SD990 and that bike handled really well.
Anyhow hope she continues to perform well.
The only problem I ever had with the 990 was that it liked to eat standard batteries.
I had a 86 Concours , I gave to a freind and it's STILL running with well over 100,000 miles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts