GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,:)

I recently sold my GSX-S 1000 with less than 3,000 miles on it. I had it for approximately two years. It was quite literally the best street bike I have ever owned. However, riding less than 1,500 miles per year on the street made it seem like the GSXS deserved a better home. So to a better home it went. :crying:

I replaced it with a 1000cc super bike that will serve as a track day fun bike and street bike. The new bike is a 2017 GSXR 1000. You would not believe the deal I got on it! I may end up racing it next year. But this year I am going to be racing my 2017 R6.

So i thought I would post a few pictures of my new street/track bike and my race bike. I will not be going anywhere and will still be on the forum as much as time allows. Without further ado, here are the photos.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Kind of funny, my story is the opposite. I had my GSX-R750 for six good riding weather months and I put 300 miles on it. I've had the GSX-S1000 for 5 months of which about two of them were super crappy for riding and I've put 1500 miles on it. And that's with it being the secondary bike to my FJR which gets the brunt of my mileage.

New bike is sweet and I bet that R6 is a blast at the track. What tracks do you ride/race?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mostly FL, GA, and AL tracks: (Jennings gp, PBIR, Homestead, Roebling, Barber, Road Atlanta, Little tally). This will be my first season racing and it will be with FMRRA. They race at Jennings, Homestead, PBIR and Roebling. Jennings gp is the closest and therefore my "home" track where I have the most practice.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Oh yea, I forgot, Jacksonville, that makes sense. I meant to get to the track in springtime but it was too fleeting and I had too much going on. Now we are into death by heatstroke at the track season. Maybe fall.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah man I have to ride and be back home before 10am otherwise the heat is unbearable. Jennings actually closes end of May and reopens in September because of the heat. Two years ago I did a track day at PBIR South Florida in August. I literally drank water all day and pee'd once. I was sweating so much. I will never do that again.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Looking at that rear tire on the R6 I can tell you were putting that bike thru the paces. Both of those bikes look like fun. Enjoy your toys !!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have been tossing around the idea of trying to hit a track day some time ... any suggestions for a first timer? I'm in the Tampa area

1 - 9 of 9 Posts