1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What the ****?
This is treason! Lol...😂
So how’s it go compared to the gsxs?
There are some things I like, others I don't.
Really enjoy the factory QS and the full color TFT screen, which connects via BT to your phone.
Don't like the fact that it doesn't have the power of my Gixxus, but to be fair, it doesn't have the full exhaust and ECU tune either.
It's considered a Neo Sports Cafe (NSC), so more relaxed upright position, but not as upright as, say, the Triumph Speed Twin.
All in all, it's just "different" in a lot of ways.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Very nice bike.
I was going to buy it but due to covid their price skyrocketed in Australia. I found Gixes more value for money.
Now after a year, I am happy with my decision.
I just heard CB1000R is not continued in Australia.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice bike.
I was going to buy it but due to covid their price skyrocketed in Australia. I found Gixes more value for money.
Now after a year, I am happy with my decision.
I just heard CB1000R is not continued in Australia.
The Gsxs is a great bike, that's why after 5 years I still have it. Just wanted something different to go with it. :)

Reactions: M.Ram

·
Registered
101 Posts
Great looking bike. I almost bought one myself. Ended up buying the GSXS instead but definitely wouldn’t mind one of those in the garage with the GSXS. Enjoy it and give us a full ride report.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sexy bike for sure but surprised you went with another naked that's very similar in riding style.

I ended up getting a 2012 Triumph Thunderbird cruiser that now shares the garage with my GSX ... it's an awesome bike that's a whole different experience.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sexy bike for sure but surprised you went with another naked that's very similar in riding style.

I ended up getting a 2012 Triumph Thunderbird cruiser that now shares the garage with my GSX ... it's an awesome bike that's a whole different experience.
What I really wanted was a BMW RnineT, but just couldn't justify the coin the new ones cost. A friend bought a new Triumph Speed Twin, and while it's a fun bike, it just doesn't check the boxes for me.
The CB is a step in-between the Triumph and Gixxus. Loving it so far.

Reactions: mike d

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CB1000r / GSX-S Comparison review Here.
Thanks. I think for me it was just the Neo Sports Cafe style that caught my attention. I really don't feel that it's a better bike than the GSXS and even with the extra goodies, probably doesn't warrant that much extra cost. If I didn't already have the Suzuki, I probably would have gone that route.

They're both great bikes.

Reactions: dekker

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
That's a good picture you posted up Reagenn. I am sure you will be now cross comparing it against the GSX-S. That's a given.(y)
My Honda Dealer has a White CB1KR in stock. Actually, it arrived long ago in January 21. It was one that could not be sold in the EU and UK after Euro 5 emission time extension ran out on 1st Jan 21.
They have had zero interest in it as far as I know, being parked in the corner of the shop showroom. It may have been fire sale lately sold as I forgot to look last weekend while I was there.

This Monday, I added a 2022 Kawasaki Z900RS in Dark Metallic Blue to my garage as the good old SV650 was la bit lonely.
It will most probably do till the 2022 GSX-S1K Naked arrives here in March 2022 or the GT the month after. Probably go for the bagless GT if the Kwaki gels or the Naked if not.

I am getting to know the bike better, but one issue the bike has in common with the CB1KR is the length of the fuel tanks distance. If you look hard at the Honda in the picture, draw a vertical line up from the pegs. The tank is about 50 to 70 mm too long past the peg line, and that space has been pinched from the seat. The pegs should be mid point of the Rider seat for comfort.
Hence why the seat cushion ramps up on the tank as I found I wanted to sit on the tank. The Z900RS has the same style over function, but not so extreme a case as I experienced with the Honda.
Hopefully, Reagenn has the body shape to suit it, long arms and short legs and none of what I said takes the shine of a good bike.

Here's a picture of my Z
Rob.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's a good picture you posted up Reagenn. I am sure you will be now cross comparing it against the GSX-S. That's a given.(y)
My Honda Dealer has a White CB1KR in stock. Actually, it arrived long ago in January 21. It was one that could not be sold in the EU and UK after Euro 5 emission time extension ran out on 1st Jan 21.
They have had zero interest in it as far as I know, being parked in the corner of the shop showroom. It may have been fire sale lately sold as I forgot to look last weekend while I was there.

This Monday, I added a 2022 Kawasaki Z900RS in Dark Metallic Blue to my garage as the good old SV650 was la bit lonely.
It will most probably do till the 2022 GSX-S1K Naked arrives here in March 2022 or the GT the month after. Probably go for the bagless GT if the Kwaki gels or the Naked if not.

I am getting to know the bike better, but one issue the bike has in common with the CB1KR is the length of the fuel tanks distance. If you look hard at the Honda in the picture, draw a vertical line up from the pegs. The tank is about 50 to 70 mm too long past the peg line, and that space has been pinched from the seat. The pegs should be mid point of the Rider seat for comfort.
Hence why the seat cushion ramps up on the tank as I found I wanted to sit on the tank. The Z900RS has the same style over function, but not so extreme a case as I experienced with the Honda.
Hopefully, Reagenn has the body shape to suit it, long arms and short legs and none of what I said takes the shine of a good bike.

Here's a picture of my Z
Rob.

View attachment 47028
You might just decide to keep the Z after getting some seat time. My BIL bought a used one that already had a full exhaust fitted and he loves it.

As far as the CB seating position goes, I must have orangutan arms as the CB1Kr seems to fit me perfectly. :D

They didn't get too many of the CBs here in the states, so they're hard to find. One dealer that had the only one within 150 miles of me, actually inflated the OTD price from the normal $13.5 to $16.7, just because he had the only one in the area. I bet he'll be keeping that bike a while, unless some poor sap that has more money than sense, comes along.

Don't know that I'll keep the CB forever, but its been fun to play with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
'21 CB1000r Black Edition... View attachment 47010
Is definitely a beautifully put together machine I took my 2020 GSXS 1000ZAMO out yesterday for a ride as I was running a little late and every time I start and ride my bike makes me appreciate I decided to spend the cash and buy my bike. Each ride brings a smile 😃 and so many people tell me nice bike.. this bike in this picture will get a thousand compliments the build is unique and I'm sure it's plenty fast enough to be killed on..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire
This is my 2020 GSXS 1000ZAMO and it actually says this on title which I have a I bought it cash in 2020 when all shipping from country to county had stopped so I was lucky to find this where I'm at and paid a great price for it as I got it for under 8 grand... I have put just over 600 miles on it and I'm getting ready to send it in for its 1st service is that enough miles on bike for that or should I have sent it in sooner like at 500 miles?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts