GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was told by my dealer he was doing 2 bikes for replacement ECU and he was meant to give some feed back from the owners to Suzuki Australia.I have told him its a real improvement on how it was when new.
When i first bought the bike it was so jerky in traffic that my wifes helmet was constantly banging mine. This never normally happens because i am very smooth when carrying a pillion. I fitted a G2 throttle tamer some months ago, which did smooth things out a lot. So now to riding home with a new ECU. I did my best to not be smooth in the problem speeds in traffic, i.e., that 50 to 80 kph range ,were it used to be on off on off ,now there was a nice smooth response, not jerky or snatchy at all.Shutting throttle for slower traffic then opening again , all good .Holding a constant speed is now fine, no need for special care to achieve this.
For the record I am happy with the result. Didn't have a chance for a real blast, but did get a couple of stretches were i could really hit the throttle. Response was crisp and smooth.I loved this bike before and now even happier. Thanks for listening to my complaint Suzuki,and fixing it. Hopefully they will be able to do this for other owners as well .

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my guess is tamer wouldn't be necessary with this ecu , and yes it is still fitted , no reason to take it off.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The only reason to take the tamer off is to see if the new ECU is a real improvement or not.
my post may have been lost in translation, the new ecu is a real improvement, I don't have to take the throttle tamer off to see that, but from a purely scientific and totally objective point of view you would take it off and draw graphs and conclusions based on weather temperatures and height above sea level while carefully monitoring fuel quality blah blah blah.
New ECU is a great improvement by my seat of the pants totally unscientific observations . I have no intention in possibly stuffing up my heated grips by trying to remove the throttle tamer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How do we get this new ECU?

Just go see the dealer?

Is there a re-call on certain build dates?

I'm in Perth too, so any info would be great.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I spoke with the Suzuki dealer I got my bike from here in Norway and I will be getting a new ecu under warranty. No argument no fuss. They knew all about it and were very helpful. They have already fitted one and will let me know as soon as they have the new edu. Now looking forward to a smoother better running bike in the near future

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do we get this new ECU?

Just go see the dealer?

Is there a re-call on certain build dates?

I'm in Perth too, so any info would be great.
There does not seem to be in Aus. a general we will fix it attitude yet. I asked both suzuki , and my dealer, about it, see my post '' Suzuki is listening'' for more detail.
No re call as such .
Maybe not all bikes fitted with the old ECU ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
It doesn't it is still fast and crisp, it takes out the slow speed traffic jerky on off on off action .
Hi Fortunate, I live in Adelaide and have the dreaded throttle problem.. I have fitted a Booster Plug and Throttle Tamer which has vastly improved the situation but from what you have said, the modded ECU sounds like the only way to go to be completely rid of the performance cam sound, snatchiness and rough running at steady throttle around 2000 to 3500 RPM zone.

Accordingly mate, are you able to provide some part numbers for the replacement ECU that I am able to take to my Suzuki dealer along with the copy of the Suzuki UK Technical Bulletin, Issue No: M-T-0012.

Cheers, Ned

·
Registered
539 Posts
Is it just swapped under the seat or does the tank have to come off?

I've asked there dealers here (U.S.) about it and they are clueless.
Well, that's not too confidence inspiring. I've been thinking on this a bit, and I'm honestly not all that excited about bringing my bike in for them to basically disassemble the front half just to get to the ECM (F model). My dealer is a ways away from me, and it sounds like I might be wandering their showroom twittling my thumbs for a while. Might just ask if I can bring the ECM in alone and swap, or if they have to do the labor. Assuming of course it finally makes it to US and my VIN is covered.

·
Registered
539 Posts
May not be that simple- They have asked when I bring mine in, to bring both keys, so they can reconfigure keys with ECU
So far as I know, US versions aren't chipped. Does yours have a little security led on it?

Edit: Looking through the FSM, under ignition system it describes the immobilizer, standard fare RFID chipped key, and that's what the light just to the side of the switch is tied to, and it says "if equipped." Looking through the wiring diagram, it breaks the systems down (of course by naked/faired and abs/non) into three regions. EU, California (****in' serious Cali) and Other. For EU it shows the immobilizer antenna, for Cali it does not, and for Other it says "if equipped." Given Cali flat out omits it, I'm willing to bet none of the bikes produced for the US have them; I know mine doesn't at least, so should be plug-n-play.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Fortunate, I live in Adelaide and have the dreaded throttle problem.. I have fitted a Booster Plug and Throttle Tamer which has vastly improved the situation but from what you have said, the modded ECU sounds like the only way to go to be completely rid of the performance cam sound, snatchiness and rough running at steady throttle around 2000 to 3500 RPM zone.

Accordingly mate, are you able to provide some part numbers for the replacement ECU that I am able to take to my Suzuki dealer along with the copy of the Suzuki UK Technical Bulletin, Issue No: M-T-0012.

Cheers, Ned
ah the city of churches , have had some wonderful rides there before the thought police dropped all the speed limits and enforced them with the death penalty. However i digress i didn't ask for the new part no. however going back to my original post ''Suzuki is listening" another member quoted the new part as 32920-04K31, you won't need it , as Suzuki Aust. knows the problem and is replacing for those who ask , it has to do with build date , more recent bikes are already fitted with this ECU.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes mine has LED light/ security in Australia
lucky you your dealer told you to bring in both keys. Mine told me after i had been there for an hour , oh do you have your spare key ? Err no why ? Well we can't get the ECU to work without programming it to both keys !!! So a 40 k ride home to pick up key , 40 k back , then 1/2 hr wait to be told all good. So instead of losing an hour of work time in the morning , wasn't home to pick up Ute and tools until after lunch . So was under warranty but cost me $200 in lost time because the dealer didn't tell me to bring in 2 keys .

1 - 20 of 51 Posts