GSXS 1000 Forum banner

new ecu

9K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  gripen 
#1 ·
went to Swansea today to see what they had found out about my bike and they said new ecu on order :D only if you go in and ask to see if it is your age bike that they are doing the first batch to go on sale sorted:D

#22 ·
Partly because of the Snatchy throttle and fueling, I had mine on order when i was having problem with it, before i had adjusted my TPS, since it had this problem its still not as smooth, i will find out tomorrow after getting a new ECU installed. I will go to my favorite twisties and c if there is any. I will try to put more info here once i get a chance to ride it and see what improvement or changes they made.

#23 · (Edited)
i also got approved for a new ecu, got it installed and bike was smoother on way home but after a mile or so i noticed i had no speedo reading and the engine light came on with f1 flashing , took it back and they put my old ecu back on and was ok again,,, ? they said because mine aint got ABS it dont need or i cannot have a new ECU , bit weird as when dealer asked suzuki for a new ECU with my chassie number they said yes , and sent it to my dealer , but on the paper work after it was installed it said its for the gsxs1000a f version i think they just sent wrong one , so i have now put a pv5 on it but aint tried it yet due to wet weather ?????????

#24 ·
Toppo
I will be interested in your thoughts of the PCV and I'm guessing your running just the stock map
I'm currently experimenting with mine and like you when the rain stops but I'm finding just the o2 eliminator is working well with a zero map therefore the PCV not even needed as the stock map is crap.
If you get a chance give it a try by saving the map and then zero all the cells as I have found mine to run better
The o2 eliminator stops the ECU from going into closed loop leaning out the bike at constant throttle and stops the surging at low speeds
Did you remove the existing o2 sensor from the pipe as I have read that it may go faulty in time if it's not connected as its heater is not running so you could not switch it back later without getting a new 02 sensor but it's only what I have read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#26 ·
New ECU

I had a new ECU installed on Friday and its now a different bike. I didn't realize how much of a chore it was riding the bike until it was done. Now i don't want to stop riding the dam thing.
For reference i bought mine in January from Western Sydney Motorcycles. It was a bit tricky getting someone there to actually admit that there was a problem with the bike though. Don't know why Suzuki isn't issuing a recall.

#27 ·
I had a new ECU installed on Friday and its now a different bike. I didn't realize how much of a chore it was riding the bike until it was done. Now i don't want to stop riding the dam thing.
For reference i bought mine in January from Western Sydney Motorcycles. It was a bit tricky getting someone there to actually admit that there was a problem with the bike though. Don't know why Suzuki isn't issuing a recall.
Hi cam, did you buy the Ecu yourself or did Suzuki cough up after you complained of the snatchy throttle?
I have had my bike a year now so one of the first batch in Aus, throttle is snatchy, have got used to it but still catches me out now and again

#29 · (Edited)
So I had new ecu installed today other then a 1500 rpm idle it seems to run a little smoother. I readjusted TPS with motor running, to c if i can lower idle and I didnt quite get it right so I will have to go back and double check my adjustment, I also need to reset my PCV so it can synch with new ECU. I will go back and test ride again after. I did learn something new about adjusting TPS according to my suzuki factory manual, TPS is adjusted with power on nowhere does it say vehicle has to be running. So there im satisfied with results hopefully no more tinkering with this bike and just getting on it and just ride it. So to all thats asking for ECU my recommendation, just adjust TPS like it supposed to and just ride it, just my 2 cents. Good luck Enjoy and keep rubber side down.

More info I Re-adjusted my TPS per Suzuki manual, after Re-checking it, I decided to do and old trick, I went ahead and disconnected positive of battery and it reset my idle to 1K from 1.5K. I took it for spin after putting everything together and its running smooth, so now Im just gonna ride it and throw in some serious miles.

#31 ·
Today had the new ECU fitted and correct TPS adjustment with the first service, after the 20 mile ride back home this is my report back... Throttle snatch improved by 70% .... Constant throttle improved 100% can keep a steady 30mph.... Engine smoothness about the same... Engine braking I seem to have at least 50% more and that took a bit of getting used to...All in all I'm very pleased... :D

#36 ·
I've just had my replacement ECU fitted and on the 10 mile ride home can honestly say the bike felt no different, so I'm slightly disappointed as I was hoping for a positive improvement. The TPS is correctly adjusted so I guess there is nothing more to do other than get a Power Commander or similar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.