GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have been told by the dealer that my July 2015 is not due a new ecu, so emailed Suzuki and they just said talk to dealer!
Very confused and disappointed !��
Yep similar here, Suzuki told me to discuss with dealer and they said I would get a letter from Suzuki if any recalls are happening
Mines not that bad though so it doesn't bother me

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have been told by the dealer that my July 2015 is not due a new ecu, so emailed Suzuki and they just said talk to dealer!
Odd... I got mine Mar 16 and mine is getting a new ecu.
How do you know the month of manufacture? I can get the year from the VIN but don't know the month.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Odd...got mine in March 16 and was told the other day that I'm getting a new ecu after enquiring.....btw, how can you tell the month of manufacturer?

·
Registered
593 Posts
That's crap, you and I both had one of the first Fs in the country so must have the first generation ECM. Did they check the VIN or build date against this technical bulletin?

http://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/161393-post121.html

I'm not 100% decided yet, but for the time being I'm not going down the replacement ECM route as I'm happy with my remap, however I'd also be a bit pi$$ed if they told me my bike didn't qualify.

·
Registered
249 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts