GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well got the call from the dealer in swansea today to tell me my new ecu is here, it took 3 weeks but its here, so satarday afternoon it is going on, cant wait to see how much of a difference it wil make, i did see one person on here who said there was no difference but all the rest said there was a **** of a difference we shall see

·
Registered
724 Posts
well got the call from the dealer in swansea today to tell me my new ecu is here, it took 3 weeks but its here, so satarday afternoon it is going on, cant wait to see how much of a difference it wil make, i did see one person on here who said there was no difference but all the rest said there was a **** of a difference we shall see
Yep keep us up to speed... No idea where my one is on back order apparently...???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had mine done last week. Hmmmm, seems to be miles better up top. 50mph roll on throttle response seems to be much much better, top end has also increased slightly and pulls well all the way to it without slowing early on like mine did previously. Also sounds healthier whilst at higher speeds too.
Suzuki said that top end wouldn't be affected as the changes were to rectify bottom end fuelling issues but I suspect it's increased it throughout the whole rev range.
Maybe the bottom end fuelling is slightly better now than I first thought when riding home from the shop but it is still a long way from perfect, quite disappointed with Suzuki to be honest.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Had mine handed back today after a new ECM, now runs like a dog! Fuelling issues right throughout the Rev range and at any gear, bike sags and jerks. In fact the only time it doesn't is under brisk acceleration. As soon as you throttle off or try to hold at constant revs, which is typically at the throttle on / throttle off point, fuel transport time lag makes it impossible to ride properly.

Don't put to much faith in the new ECM, check out TPS and after market fuel controllers as well.

Me I'm dumping the bike as a lemon and looking into alternate brands, after I given Suzuki GB a dressing down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've adjusted my tps today but not been out on it yet. Emailed Suzuki UK last Friday, not had a response yet? I love suzuki's but don't think I would buy new again. Will stick to the older models like my bandit.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Had mine handed back today after a new ECM, now runs like a dog! Fuelling issues right throughout the Rev range and at any gear, bike sags and jerks. In fact the only time it doesn't is under brisk acceleration. As soon as you throttle off or try to hold at constant revs, which is typically at the throttle on / throttle off point, fuel transport time lag makes it impossible to ride properly.

Don't put to much faith in the new ECM, check out TPS and after market fuel controllers as well.

Me I'm dumping the bike as a lemon and looking into alternate brands, after I given Suzuki GB a dressing down.

Hi Vamp,
You can't answer this, but I wonder what tests the shop did in replacing the ECU other than the obvious of pulling the plugs out and sticking them back in the new ECU unit? Bet nothing from how your bike is reacting to the change.
I have searched my Gladius W/Manual for this task, but there is nothing listed. I have read all the too and throw of throttle maintenance and repairs, and the common ending is in 'resetting the ISC Learned Value".
ISC is Idle Speed Control.
As the secondary butterfly in the throttle body is closed when the bike is coasting or parked with the engine running, the ECU's STVA driven top butterfly (Suzi calls a butterfly a Valve) no air can get into the motor and the motor would stop.
But there is an air entry route around the Closed butterfly through a cut out in the butterflies spindle (the spindle is D shaped).
With the Suzuki or Heathtech etc tool, this value and 2 other throttle body learned values need to be reset to a 'learned value' in the ECU's memory and presumably has an influence of the air mixture mapping.

I am purely speculating (I am not a Bike Mech.) that that your new ECU has no useful value or some random value. I would assume the Factory flushes old test results and would load good values for the bike to run, but I wonder if they are spot on enough for you particular bike without fine tuning via the Service Tool.

Of course, the new ECU could just be stuffed too or the Battery terminals were left loose.

Rob.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Looking like some with the new ECU are gonna have to invest in a PC5 and custom map to get the bike to run how it's supposed to...!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts

I think I would be taking it right back to them!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well today I had my new, latest model ECU fitted by my Suzuki dealer. After taking delivery of the new bike in April this year I was initially disappointed with the over sensitive, snatchy throttle and the obvious fueling issues in the 2000 to 3000 RPM range and I chose to go the more economical way of fitting the Throttle Tamer and Booster Plug in lieu of the PCV.
There was a definite improvement especially with the sensitivity of the throttle on rough roads where before every little bump would cause the over sensitive throttle to upset the smooth ride, the Throttle Tamer tended to smooth out the bumps. Not sure if the Booster Plug really improved anything but certainly didn't detract from the performance and operation of the bike at all...
After having the new ECU fitted today I rode around 20 Kms home in mostly 60 to 70 Kph speed zones which happens to be in the 2000 to 3000 RPM range and was pleasantly surprised at how smooth the engine ran, it was an absolute pleasure to ride the bike and I strongly recommend that any GSX S owner with any issues with throttle sensitivity and/or bad fuelling in the 2K to 3K RPM range contact your Suzuki dealer and have them input a claim to the Suzuki HQ of your country for the modified ECU, it will totally transform your ride...

·
Registered
91 Posts
thanks for the ongoing recommendations guys, at this I'll try anything.

the dealer says there's nothing wrong with the bike, these are characteristics of a gixxer engine.

Suzuki GB say take it back to the dealer.

I'm thinking an ecu reflash or pc may be the only way to go.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wow!

I can't comment I've been asked to restrict my comments to one one thread, I'm just waiting to hear which one I'm allowed to post to!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Wow!

I can't comment I've been asked to restrict my comments to one one thread, I'm just waiting to hear which one I'm allowed to post to!
I think you need to grow up a bit tbh, he asked you nicely not to reply to every thread on here which you have done ranting, particularly the one where the op is asking for advice from people in Australia. He even sympathised with your situation and was only one person once who asked!

Have you read the tps thread? Have you adjusted it? Someone has even posted up the correct voltages to get it spot on. I think you should give it a go, get your dealer or a competant garage to adjust it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Tried. Been told its characteristic of all Gixxer engines. Suzuki UK simply refer me back to the dealer. I'm going write to the MD.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Tried. Been told its characteristic of all Gixxer engines. Suzuki UK simply refer me back to the dealer. I'm going write to the MD.
Who tried? Have you checked to see what position it's in? _COO -COO can't find the symbol for the one at the top but you will get what I'm saying if you have read the thread

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well off i go to my dealer then to get my new ecu put on,hope i dont get the same prob as vamp had but i have to give it a go, the dealer rang me last night to bring my other key in which i had forgot about , when i get back i will give a update

·
Registered
1 Posts
From what I've been told by SGB, dealers have not been told to touch TPS, just to swap ECU and recode keys, Nedbones pic shows the only bulletin Suzuki have sent to dealers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts